The hearty oak dronfield?

Is this pub still open? I have booked a party here in October but they never answer their phones so can confirm or sort anything out :( bit worried

Yes I have sent an email today after days of calling so hopefully I will hear something :)

Yes I have sent an email today after days of calling so hopefully I will hear something :)

Hi, we live close by, and for some reason it's not been opening some weekday evenings, but it's always open again by the weekend, think business is just a bit slow during the week at the moment.

Still haven't been able to get hold of them!! It's a nightmare lol we have left a note at the pub this morning!! They should divert their telephone calls if no one is ever in the pub :(

The place has looked all shut up for the last few weeks/months, with no signs of trading whatever time I've driven by.

There's a "To Let" sign up now.

Used to be the Hearts of Oak when I knew it, but even in the early 70s it wasn't exactly thriving.

Well I was due to have a christening there! But I couldn't get hold of them for ages! About 2 and a half weeks before the booking I finally got hold of them and they told me they wouldn't be able to do it anymore as it was going up for let! ( I wish they had told me earlier, or at all!! Lol) never mind I did get my deposit back and I didanage to book the queen in Mosbrough (which I will recommend as a great function room! I should have booked there in the first place!)

Yes, the Hearty Oak has closed down, its on the market for a new pub operator to lease it.

Nearby alternatives for functions include the Talbot Arms, White Swan, Three Tuns, Dronfield Arms, Castle Inn and Shepley Spitfire (amongst others).

Also the Green Dragon, which is owned by Enterprise Inns, closed down temporarily and should be reopening any time now under new management.

That is a shame. Another lovely pub space. Sainsburys ala The Bradway?

That is a shame. Another lovely pub space. Sainsburys ala The Bradway?

Most likely conversion to residential use if the council allows it.

However it is available to let as a pub at the moment.