People that give their kids their passwords getting refunds??

I can't believe that people ever get their money back when they have given their password to an 8 year old child for online games-take some responsibility!! :rant:

If a parent is stupid enough to effectively give a small child their credit card details they deserve everything they get!:loopy:

they are reporting on this in the bbc in case it seems out of the blue:)

I can't believe that people ever get their money back when they have given their password to an 8 year old child for online games-take some responsibility!! :rant:

If a parent is stupid enough to effectively give a small child their credit card details they deserve everything they get!:loopy:

they are reporting on this in the bbc in case it seems out of the blue:)

:clap::clap::clap::banana::banana:

First thing I did when I got my kids iPads was to turn the in app purchases off in the settings menu.

I do think these parents need to take more responsibility but I'm sure it's not a case of "giving them the password". I assume a lot of people would leave themselves signed in to their Google/Apple accounts.

I'm pretty sure the same thing would be possible on the games on SKY, or on a lot of online desktop games/apps.

I guess if you've got kids then you can forget ever leaving yourself logged into anything again!

Bad times.

I love the quote from the Telegraph article:

"Loads of parents in the playground said similar things had happened to them but for a lot less money. I can't believe he was able to spend so much money.

"It was far too easy a thing for him to do and more should be done to limit stuff like this from happening. That game is very annoying - and who would spend more than £1,700 on a game?

Yes, like dimwit parents paying attention to what their children are up to on the internet.

Parents don't take responsibility for anything these days. Just look at the news report about the 15 year old girl who was raped at between 2-4am after a night out. Why the police do not routinely charge the parents with endangering the child's life is beyond me.

There was an item on BBC news saying 25% of kids in the age range of 8 - 12

have a smart phone. Well who is picking up the bill?

BBC News over the weekend have a program called click, and it often features

all the new apps for smart phones, I suspect the BBC ( License fee payer ) picks

up the bill for the presenters smart phones.

In their defense tho some of the in-game purchases do totally take the michael.

I was playing one earlier and saw you could make an in-game purchase of £99 :wow:

You wouldn't expect to spend more than a couple of quid to pay for an app, but you can spend nearly a hundred quid in a free one :suspect:

I'm pretty sure tho if you make the correct settings in the App Store you have to enter a password or something before making a purchase - which would stop the kids buying things.