Hallamshire Hospital, where do you park?

You would have thought that our caring considerate Council would have got their 8 brain cells together and see if that little light came on inside their heads that said ..........................TRAM.........................

Then someone may have said "I know lets have a park and ride, then have a tram line that goes up past the Children's, Weston Park, Charles Clifford, then loops round at Broomhill to come back past the front of the Hallamshire". Who knows, the Council may actually make some money, ease traffic congestion, and provide a much needed service.

Or do the same thing with a park and ride bus service dedicated to each hospital.

But then when has this Council had a logical thought process.

And sadly, like my suggestion it's all water under the bridge now pitsmoorlad :(

There are efforts being made to put together a future transport plan between the Council, Hospitals, University and Museums. It will be interesting to see how that pans out but I suspect that it will involve lots of pointless aspirations that staff and visitors will get on their bikes.

It would certainly be nice to see something done to improve parking and transportation to the hospital, I know people that have actually had to skip treatment at the Hallamshire due to lack of parking on extreme occasions.

Try parking on Broomspring Lane. Around 150 metres from Hallamshire. Have never been ticketed ....

I remember before I had my son, going to Jessops meant that I had to either catch the 60 bus and walk up the hill (having really bad asthma didn't help matters much) or if the bus was too full for me to sit down I had to catch the tram and walk from West Street. Parking and transportation would be a good thing for the council to improve around that hospital...

Parking and transportation would be a good thing for the council to improve around that hospital...
Would be a good thing to improve full stop.

Instead of rewarding the failing company First, punish them and make them provide a first class service to give Sheffield a better public transport system.

Would be a good thing to improve full stop.

Instead of rewarding the failing company First, punish them and make them provide a first class service to give Sheffield a better public transport system.

Punish them and make them provide a first class service? How? They're a private company and can do what they like. They're also certainly not failing - ask their shareholders.

Punish them and make them provide a first class service? How? They're a private company and can do what they like. They're also certainly not failing - ask their shareholders.

Instead of rewarding them with bus lanes that save them time and money, refuse any further bus lanes until they can provide a decent service to customers. They seem to be increasing fares and not producing any majorly improved services to match it.

They can be punished by the council, refusing new bus lanes would be a start. There was an article in the star recently about this.

I'd say that the hospitals, now they have the Abbeydale Road park 'n' ride, ought to open another in the North end of town somewhere. But they don't publicise this facility and I have to wonder why.
Unfortunately, the park'n'ride service only runs at standard commuter times, morning and evening peak times. Their evening runs end too early, if you are in your office at 5:30pm, there's damm all chance of getting your coat on and running to get the last bus which leave the uni' at 5:35. Its barely used and I suspect that it will cease when the 2 year (?) current license expires.:(

simple answer.. you dont and cant park at the hallamshire.. same with jessops! (and is someone now going to tell me that people shouldnt be driving there!?)

Unfortunately, the park'n'ride service only runs at standard commuter times, morning and evening peak times. Their evening runs end too early, if you are in your office at 5:30pm, there's damm all chance of getting your coat on and running to get the last bus which leave the uni' at 5:35. Its barely used and I suspect that it will cease when the 2 year (?) current license expires.:(

Hmm, probably because its costing them money to provide this service.

But they should provide it, and run it 24 hours with a staffed car park for safety. Hospitals don't down tools at night so staff need to get to and from work through the night, and a lot of them are women. Its the duty of the employer to make sure they are safe. Its obvious there is no room for more parking so the park and ride is the next best option, but only if they provide a good and safe service.

Its no good just getting rid of parking full stop, some alternative transport must be available. And it must be safe and reliable, and regular. Then the next step would be to make people use it and reserve parking only for those who need it most - so that would include the consultant in the Jag being made to park at Tesco, not just the cleaners. ;)

If you have a blue badge you can park on normally restricted roads (single or double yellows) as long as you are not causing an obstruction, causing a danger to pedestrians or traffic and there is not a loading ban in place.

If there are 3 little lines on the pavement with the double lines on the road you cant park there, you have to read the little signs, if it says no parking at any time , then you cant park there.