YALSAR THEFT. Team unable to operate.

Due to a break in at their storage facility Yorkshire and Lincolnshire Search And Rescue are currently out of action.

From Facebook.

If anyone hears about or is offered any cheap outdoor equipment please report it to the police. Thank you in advance.

YALSAR - Yorks and Lincs Search and Rescue

https://www.facebook.com/YALSAR1

PRESS RELEASE: The team is temporarily out of action due to theft.

Yesterday afternoon it was discovered that our ICU vehicle has been broken into at the storage facility. Whilst the thieves didn't manage to steal the vehicle, they did gain access and made off with thousands of pounds worth of equipment including VHF radios, laptop computer, medical grab-bag with AED and oxygen and four swift water rescue kits.

Do to the damage caused gaining entry the vehicle is unusable. All donations of equipment or funds to get the team back up and running would be gratefully received.

Please keep your eyes and ears out folks. :(

What the eff is wrong with people. People's lives could be in danger because of these stupid idiots who have broken in.

Hopefully karma will catch up to the thieving sob's

It's unbelievable how low some will stoop isn't it.

These people provide an essential service all around our region and this is how they are rewarded. It makes my blood boil.

Gotta be lower than a snake's todger to steal from the emergency services. With any luck the gear they buy will be cut with arse tumours.

Utter scum.. Words cannot describe how low these people are.

Im stunned!!!

Utterly and completely stunned! What a mindless and cruel thing to do.

That's awful. I work for the Merseyside one and it takes ages to build up funds to buy this kit, as like with the RNLI it relies on donations and hard work of fund raising from the members.

Although its highly unlikely, if we get offered discount kit we'll report it.

I don't think that search and rescue teams should rely on the public for their funding in the first place. At least they should be able to present those they rescue who had been foolhardy in their actions with a bill for the amount of people's time, cost in rescue kit and whatever once they have been plucked from whatever dangerous place they have got themselves into. The same applies for the RNLI.

Those who steal from the emergency services should be ashamed of themselves, but of course they won't be, because they are lacking enough in conscience to commit the act in the first place.

I don't think that search and rescue teams should rely on the public for their funding in the first place. At least they should be able to present those they rescue who had been foolhardy in their actions with a bill for the amount of people's time, cost in rescue kit and whatever once they have been plucked from whatever dangerous place they have got themselves into.

Why?

I mean lots of people do things that are foolhardy if you look at risk - should we bill people who hurt themselves playing tennis? Or those who have problems and need help because they crashed their pushbike? Why the oppobrium about people who go for a walk up a hill - and please don't come over with the "it's terribly dangerous" routine because it isn't.

I agree (about the funding bit only). I was watching a series on S4C last night about the Post Dinllaen lifeboat. It costs them £5000 to fill it up with diesel and that gets them just 250 miles.

Its here if you want to watch it, its great:

http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?series_id=511309723

Edited by alchresearch

Please keep your eyes and ears out folks. :(

Will do, although round here it's not too likley as it's a fair way off...

Vermin!

WHY ARE THE STAR NOT GIVING THIS STORY ANY COVERAGE AT ALL?

THEY ARE A JOKE!