Greenland Road car sales stand off

I believe the law has changed now and motor traders are no longer allowed to sell cars "sold as seen" hence the influx of cars for say "privately" with no v5

Dealers have always had to sell cars in a safe and 'roadworthy condition'.

I `m sure it comes under the freedom of speech and if its true he is not breaking any laws

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 08:29 ----------

There is no such thing as freedom of speech.

If what he says is true then he is allowed to say it, if it isn't then it is slander/libel depending on whether what he says is spoken or written.

Dealers have always had to sell cars in a safe and 'roadworthy condition'.

They have to put a warranty on everything now which didnt used to be the case . "px to clear " and "sold as seen" were used to hide problems . Roadworthy condition would imply t&t but iv never known a dealer test a cheap px

Ha, my boyfriend works at Yesss, I'll ask if he knows anything.

They have to put a warranty on everything now which didnt used to be the case . "px to clear " and "sold as seen" were used to hide problems . Roadworthy condition would imply t&t but iv never known a dealer test a cheap px

I thought they just shoved all the dodgy stuff through auction now to get around that problem?

I thought they just shoved all the dodgy stuff through auction now to get around that problem?

Main stealers mainly just put all px's in auction but independents know they will get more if they can sell it on to joe public they can offer more money for it against the sale

are you allowed to do this? I thought it could be seen as slanderous. good on him if it's it's ok to do it; just hope he doesn't get into any trouble for his plight :/

The truth is usually a good defence against slander/libel....

I bought a cheap Czech remold a few years ago which failed spectacularly at 70mph!

When I say it failed spectacularly, the thing actually exploded with a six inch rip in the sidewall. I took it back and was basically asked 'what do you expect from a cheap tyre?' Then another customer came in, took one look at the tyre and said 'What on earth happened to that?' When I told him, he said 'but it looks brand new!' When I explained that they weren't refunding the price of the tyre he turned round and walked straight out.

The owner asked me to leave as I was putting his customers off. I told him I'd leave when I got my money back and if he wanted to he could ring the police to get rid of me.

After two more customers came into the shop and left without buying anything he gave me my money back! :D

I bought a cheap Czech remold a few years ago which failed spectacularly at 70mph!

When I say it failed spectacularly, the thing actually exploded with a six inch rip in the sidewall. I took it back and was basically asked 'what do you expect from a cheap tyre?' Then another customer came in, took one look at the tyre and said 'What on earth happened to that?' When I told him, he said 'but it looks brand new!' When I explained that they weren't refunding the price of the tyre he turned round and walked straight out.

The owner asked me to leave as I was putting his customers off. I told him I'd leave when I got my money back and if he wanted to he could ring the police to get rid of me.

After two more customers came into the shop and left without buying anything he gave me my money back! :D

Fantastic:D

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 22:06 ----------

I bought my first car, a mini - the old type from a garage at Hackenthorpe nearly 30 years ago and what a load of rubbish it was, never worked properly, did around 8 miles to the gallon (not litre) and when I took it back the bloke threatened me and asked if I wanted to drive out or leave in an ambulance...when I had it MOT'd the car was basically fibre glass and contained hardly any metal. When I was stopped by a Police motorcyclist that was the last straw, he said the car was going sideways and was well out of alignment. The last i'd heard was he'd been sent down for doing 'dodgy' things to written off cars....