Greenland Road car sales stand off

Hello everyone

Anyone know what is happening with the Garage car sales on Greenland Road next to that new electrical shop (YESS), On Friday 20/09/2013 I went looking for a car and there was a guy sat on a chair outside the Garage and he was holding a sign something about speak to me first? As I walked back the owner I presume had put a sign up saying he was a con Mann and he does this all the time??

Is this legal...as I would not be happy if someone did that to me... the car dealer has been there 20 years to my knowledge although i never got a car off them but they do seem a nice company...

Thanks for reading

:(

I seem to remember reading about someone in Sheffield that had been ripped off when they bought a car, and they threatened to do this.

Cant remember if is was this dealer though, may be worth talking to the guy on the chair.

And all car dealers seem ok when they want you to part with your cash...

He was there all week. One day there was a teenager/ young boy sat with the sign. I only managed to read the 'buyer beware' part of the sign.

I saw him myself & had a chuckle (it read "buyer beware, enquire for details")

To be honest if he's bought a used vehicle & it requires major work, I don't blame him.

My dad who's worked hard all his days bought a ford from a small family run garage & as he was driving it home the engine cut out. It proceeded to do this on almost every journey. He went back to the sales room a few days on & they didn't want to know. He was well & truely ripped off. It cost almost 2k to repair. If its similar circumstances to this then I say good luck to the man. Hope it forces the seller to recompensate in some way.

Well we might never know....LOL

Thanks for all the reply s....(Wish i would have asked now lol)

I saw him sat there but missed what the sign said, hopefully his problem was resolved by the garage in the end

lol I saw this and wondered if that was the case.

Makes sense now

are you allowed to do this? I thought it could be seen as slanderous. good on him if it's it's ok to do it; just hope he doesn't get into any trouble for his plight :/

Surely if he had a problem with a car it would be covered under sale of goods act.

Hi

I am not sure about the sale of goods act with a car...I once bought a car many years ago from a local dealer it turned out to be a total right off...When i went to get some legal advice, they told me that because the receipt stated Sold as seen they was nothing they could do?? However not sure if that's the sale of goods act any more ?

Thanks

:)

Edited by cra1g
spelling

are you allowed to do this? I thought it could be seen as slanderous. good on him if it's it's ok to do it; just hope he doesn't get into any trouble for his plight :/

I `m sure it comes under the freedom of speech and if its true he is not breaking any laws

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 08:29 ----------

Hi

I am not sure about the sale of goods act with a car...I once bought a car many years ago from a local dealer it turned out to be a total right off...When i went to get some legal advice, they told me that because the receipt stated Sold as seen they was nothing they could do?? However not sure if that's the sale of goods act any more ?

Thanks

that sounds like buyer beware ......x

Hi

Thanks

I believe the law has changed now and motor traders are no longer allowed to sell cars "sold as seen" hence the influx of cars for say "privately" with no v5