Confused!! 120 bus help please..

Hi rockchick.

Firstday sheffield and firstweek sheffield tickets ARE ACCEPTED for travel on stagecoach services 52 and 120 and stagecoach dayrider and megarider bus only tickets ARE ACCEPTED for travel on first sheffield services 52 and 120 and of course you can also use optio red tickets on service 52 and optio orange tickets on service 120.

Hope that clears your confusion up.

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 10:36 ----------

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/optio/

Just providing this link as back up for my post as there still seems to be people who don't realise that you can use standard tickets on these services.:D

Yes you can...are you a bus driver??? If so, no wonder we are all confused!!!

I now know you CAN use a first sheffield weekly on 120 and 52 as they are optio routes, see below -

'First and Stagecoach Sheffield Day and Week bus-only tickets are accepted on either operators’ Optio Orange and Optio Red services'

Soooooooooooooo YES WE CAN!!! LOL!!!

Thank you so much for everyones 'correct' advice xXx

---------- Post added 27-09-2013 at 15:48 ----------

Thank you!!! xXx

Hi rockchick.

Firstday sheffield and firstweek sheffield tickets ARE ACCEPTED for travel on stagecoach services 52 and 120 and stagecoach dayrider and megarider bus only tickets ARE ACCEPTED for travel on first sheffield services 52 and 120 and of course you can also use optio red tickets on service 52 and optio orange tickets on service 120.

Hope that clears your confusion up.

---------- Post added 25-09-2013 at 10:36 ----------

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/optio/

Just providing this link as back up for my post as there still seems to be people who don't realise that you can use standard tickets on these services.:D

Edited by rockchick80
Missing bits

I have a First Month bus-only ticket ... does this mean I can't use it on Optio Stagecoach routes, but I could use a First Day or First Week ticket? Seems a bit odd...

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have a First Month bus-only ticket ... does this mean I can't use it on Optio Stagecoach routes, but I could use a First Day or First Week ticket? Seems a bit odd...

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

That is correct you unfortunately cannot use your first month ticket on any stagecoach service. :(

That is correct you unfortunately cannot use your first month ticket on any stagecoach service. :(

If you require a monthly ticket valid on First and Stagecoach you need a Citywide 28 day which costs £63.75

http://www.sytravelmaster.com/sheffield_local

Dont know about first tickets but i was suprised that i could use my stagecoach dayrider on first 120.

yes you can but only on buses that run the same number for each service i.e 120 :)

Firstday and Firstweek can be used on ALL 120 routes. Thats all xXx

Right, back to basics......

There are two sets of routes that are jointly run by multiple operators, co-ordinated by the Sheffield Bus Partnership that were previously subject to intense competition and now operate under the promotional banner of 'Optio'.

Optio Orange is routes 42,44,120 and 123 - basically the buses that go to Crystal Peaks via Manor Top.

Optio Red is route 52 (Woodhouse-Darnall-City-Broomhill-Crookes-Hillsborough).

On these routes the timetable is co-ordinated between operators to give a frequent combined service on the busiest sections without having excessive buses on the road, which was something local residents in places like Fulwood were complaining to their councillors and MPs about.

The route specific promotional daily and weekly tickets are issued and accepted by Stagecoach, First and TM Travel.

Additionally, Stagecoach and First now accept each others Sheffield bus only daily and weekly tickets on the Optio routes.

Right, back to basics......

There are two sets of routes that are jointly run by multiple operators, co-ordinated by the Sheffield Bus Partnership that were previously subject to intense competition and now operate under the promotional banner of 'Optio'.

Optio Orange is routes 42,44,120 and 123 - basically the buses that go to Crystal Peaks via Manor Top.

Optio Red is route 52 (Woodhouse-Darnall-City-Broomhill-Crookes-Hillsborough).

On these routes the timetable is co-ordinated between operators to give a frequent combined service on the busiest sections without having excessive buses on the road, which was something local residents in places like Fulwood were complaining to their councillors and MPs about.

The route specific promotional daily and weekly tickets are issued and accepted by Stagecoach, First and TM Travel.

Additionally, Stagecoach and First now accept each others Sheffield bus only daily and weekly tickets on the Optio routes.

Thanks, just to clarify, this does not apply to Stagecoach tram and bus weekly / daily passes?