THE WAILERS PERFORMING THE ALBUM LEGEND

JUNGLE LION

DUBCENTRAL

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

VENUE & TICKET INFORMATION

VENUE: O2 ACADEMY, 37-43 Arundel Gate Sheffield S1 2PN

DOORS: 7.00PM

TICKETS: ÂŁ19.50

If you buy tickets through Jungle Lion and Dubcentral you won't have to pay the booking fee, so give us a call, we're more than happy to help.

To buy tickets from JUNGLE LION please contact Dave Campbell on 07930254316

To buy tickets from DUBCENTRAL please call Gee on 07970215535

Under 25s require ID to purchase alcohol

Under 14s must be accompanied by an adult over 18 at all times. Minimum age is 8.

THE WAILERS & BOB MARLEY

Together with Bob Marley, the Wailers have sold in excess of 250 million albums worldwide. In England alone, they’ve notched up over twenty chart hits, including seven Top 10 entries. Outside of their groundbreaking work with Marley, the Wailers have also played or performed with international acts like Sting, the Fugees, Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana, and Alpha Blondy, as well as reggae legends such as Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer, and Burning Spear. As the greatest living exponents of Jamaica’s reggae tradition, the Wailers have completed innumerable other tours, playing to an estimated 24 million people across the globe. They have also been the first reggae band to tour new territories on many occasions, including Africa and the Far East.

Their nucleus formed in 1969, when Bob Marley, Bunny Wailer, and Peter Tosh recruited the Barrett brothers - bassist Aston “Family Man” and drummer Carly - from Lee Perry’s Upsetters to play on hits such as Lively Up Yourself, Trenchtown Rock, Duppy Conqueror, and many more besides. Inspired by Rastafari and their ambitions of reaching an international audience, this is the line-up that pioneered roots rock reggae, and signed to Island Records in 1971. Bunny and Peter left two years later. It was at this point that the in-demand Barrett brothers - whose rhythms also underpinned innumerable seventies’ reggae hits by other acts - assumed the title of Wailers, and backed Marley on the group’s international breakthrough album, Natty Dread. Under Family Man’s musical leadership, they then partnered Bob Marley on the succession of hit singles and albums that made him a global icon, winner of several Lifetime Achievement awards, and Jamaica’s best-loved musical superstar. Drummer Carlton “Carlie” Barrett died in 1987, leaving his brother as the main beneficiary of the Wailers’ mantle.

WAILERS AFTER BOB

Reggae music has never stopped evolving but for millions of people from around the world it’s still defined by the songs of Bob Marley and the Wailers. It’s been their heartbeat rhythms that have inspired so much of what’s followed since, as evidenced by the enduring popularity of the “one-drop” reggae sound.

The history of the band during Marley’s lifetime is well known. Just to recap, their music has sold in excess of 250 million albums worldwide. In England alone, they’ve notched up over twenty chart hits, including seven Top 10 entries. This was no accident. Apart from Marley, the Wailers have performed with international acts such as Sting, Stevie Wonder, Carlos Santana, as well as reggae legends Peter Tosh, Bunny Wailer and Burning Spear. Their most recent collaborators include Kenny Chesney, Eve, Jason Mraz and Colbie Caillat. They’ve also completed innumerable tours over the years, playing to an estimated 24 million people across the globe, including groundbreaking performances in Africa and the Far East.

The anchor of the band is Aston “Family Man” Barrett, who in addition to being Marley’s most trusted lieutenant, played on countless other classic reggae hits throughout the seventies. The authenticity he brings to the Wailers’ sound is indisputable and yet today’s line-up combines old school know-how with lead vocals from one of Jamaica’s most exciting new singers.

JUNGLE LION

Jungle Lion are a electrifying a 12-piece SKA and Reggae band based in Sheffield, boasting 6 horns and 5 vocals, with the kind of sound and stage presence that's all too rare these days. They play a wide range of material, from popular classics to hidden gems, heavily customised obscurities, all about good times, party atmosphere and lots of dancing.

Jungle Lion just seem to move onwards and upwards supporting the likes of UB40, The Beat, The Skatalites, and recently featured at Rimmtions 14th birthday in Sheffield!

DUBCENTRAL

The last 12 years Dubcentral has not only hosted regular sound system sessions, but has grown to include many genres, hosting world music stages and parties in the UK. Dubcentral is dedicated making first class music accessible to people from all backgrounds and bringing a heady dose of good vibes to the dance floor. Dubcentral have supported and brought some amazing Reggae Legends to Sheffield including Desmond Dekker, Jonny Clarke, Cornell Campbell, Macka B, The Skatalites, Toots and The Maytals, Micheal Prophet and so many soundsystems such as Channel One, Iration Steppas, Universal Hi-Fi, Operation, Vibronics to name a few!

Dubcentrals forthcoming event on Saturday 9th November has a brilliant gig lined up with Prince Fatty, Hollie Cook, Horseman, Smerins Anti-Social Club, Operation Soundsystem and Daddy Techa at Yellow Arch Studios!

Would you like to know more about the artists playing? Check out the links below!

The Wailers: https://wailers.com/band

Jungle Lion: http://www.junglelionska.co.uk/

Dubcentral: https://www.facebook.com/DUBCENTRAL

Edited by Guiseppe

We're very excited to announce a couple of dates on tour with the WAILERS, one in Manchester on Saturday September 28th, and one in Sheffield with DUBCENTRAL DJS as well on Sunday September 29th. Tickets for the Sheffield gig (if bought through us) are ÂŁ19.50, and we have a competition on facebook to win a couple of tickets too - check out our page at https://www.facebook.com/groups/127722321773/?bookmark_t=group

Both gigs are early starts, doors open at 7pm, with us playing at 7.30, this is a rare chance to see some of the original band that played with Bob Marley right from the start - excuse me while I get all excited about meeting Aston Barrett.

Sunday September 29th

02 Academy, 37-43 Arundel Gate, S1 2PN Sheffield

Doors open 7.00 pm, JUNGLE LION performing at 7.30 pm

Tickets ÂŁ19.50, email [email protected] for details

One Love :D

Edited by Kamble

You have got to be kidding me!!

I wouldn't miss this for the world!

Jungle Lion and Dubcentral with the legends :D

See you there!

Threads Merged

Do not make duplicate threads. All event updates should remain in one thread.

If you need something like title change report the post or contact the helpdesk.

Thank You

Oh My God! That's crazy! I am sooo getting myself down to this!

Jungle Lion you never fail to amaze! :D

What, even though youre actually in the band?

What, even though youre actually in the band?

I think someone forgot to switch accounts lol.

Rach is in the band, as am I - there are 12 of us in fact, and for this particular show we're playing with the fantastic DUBCENTRAL DJs, who had already started a thread on here before I put mine on (hence the duplicate thread).

This is going to be really good, you should come. If you get tickets from JUNGLE LION or DUBCENTRAL they're cheaper (ÂŁ19.50 as opposed to ÂŁ23 i think the venue are charging)

:)