Looking for a good steak in Sheffield

Not exactly steak but for tasty bbq meat try common room:)

Another vote for La Vaca.

Its a quite nice place for Sheffield, quality steaks at a very decent price. Chips are homemade which is always a good sign.... the side dishes are not as good but you dont need them... Steak, chips and red Wine.... PERFECT !!

By the way, the black pudding it is not the Spanish morcilla, its the Chilean/Argentinean type, not as good as the original one from Burgos

La Vaca gets my vote too!

Tried Brooklyns recently - OK, but more expensive and the steak wasn't anywhere as tasty as at LV.

you want to try EGO in town, Tuesday night steak night

£10 - steak, homemade chips,onion rings plus mushrooms

amazing! you wont regret going

La Vaca... all day long!! Just the thought of it is making me hungry!! Proper steak, done properly. I love Ego too, but their steak just isn't as good as La Vaca.

le Vaca for me too, a may be heathen but wish they would onion rings to the menu

Visited the Sette Coli on Bradfield road recently and it's hard to say who the winner is with the steaks, La Vaca or Sette Colli.

We had fillet steak in both restaurants but I think the Sette Colli won by a whisker.

I wouldn't have enjoyed it with a whisker in it, but each to their own.

I don't know this place Sette Colli. Sounds like they might serve dog with a name like that?:gag:

Thanks for the recommendation anyhow. It speaks volumes really when there are so few places that folk can recommend for a good steak in a city of this size.

I've been to La Vaca and think it is decent. Not much competition in Sheffield though.

I've always been a fan of Gaucho's (Manchester and Leeds) but I went to the one in Manchester last week and although the steaks were very good the overall thing was vastly overrated and overpriced. I wouldn't rush back tbh.

If I fancy a good steak these-days I'd probably make the short trip up the M1 to J37, the Huddersfield turn off, and take a first left off the slip road to the Old Post Office. That's about the best within a 30 minute drive of here. I like the fact you can view the meat board and see what takes your fancy - and have them put the knife on it so you can have whatever size you want. Beautifully cooked as well, with the chargrilled taste, and very good value for money. Everything on the menu was good as well. Superb meaty ribs in barbecue sauce for starters. No wonder its always busy and you need to book.

does any one know a good steak house in sheffield we ave triead sum in rotherham but not to our taste/ thanks ,

la vaca in broom hill is nice

Don't waste your money!..........Google... "Pampas Plains" and buy fantastic steaks online.

I have bought for a while and never had as good steaks around these parts!.....not cheap but the very best! (All the big nobs buy from them ,probably some little nobs as well!)

I recently had a meal with family at the Gypsy Queen near Crystal peaks and, although the meal was nice, the beef ( i like and ordered med-rare) was very tough, a relative agreed.

Does anyone know of a reasonably-priced place to eat a really good steak, cooked accurately to your tastes and has a great reputation?