Energy saving bulbs

I use the energy saving bulbs and although I can't say what effect it's had on my energy bill (negligible, I expect) I've not had any problems other than by the time I've finished having a wee the downstairs loo has finally lit up bright enough to find the loo roll!

I use them in every room in the house and have had the current lot in for 2 years. No flickering (except for the one with the dodgy wiring that the council haven't fixed)

I use the energy saving bulbs and although I can't say what effect it's had on my energy bill (negligible, I expect) I've not had any problems other than by the time I've finished having a wee the downstairs loo has finally lit up bright enough to find the loo roll!

I use them in every room in the house and have had the current lot in for 2 years. No flickering (except for the one with the dodgy wiring that the council haven't fixed)

It's completely pointless to have them somewhere like the downstairs loo. Why do you have them there? The savings you make on your electricity bill will be tiny, unless you spend an unnaturally long time in there. :shocked:

The only places I use energy saving bulbs is on halls and landings. I leave them on for long periods, so there's savings to be made, and they're not places I sit in or need to read so the quality of the light isn't so important.