Car dash camera

ya some guys use smart phones with specialized apps, but seems a bit troublesome as you have to configure the camera everytime you start record. There are thousands of dash cameras online but it is very probably that you'll get fake articles if you are not familiar with this industry. It is suggested to purchase from local vendors as after-sales service will be guaranteed..

I don't have to configure anything, I just press the app icon

If you're a hard core motor sports racer, and feel the need for speed, you probably want to own a video recorder system to record your time at the track. If you're looking to make professional quality video or simple short clips for the web from your race at the track. this can help point you in the right direction and set you up with a quality in a car camera system to suit your requirements

Edited by markelliot

Hi

after looking at the Techmoan link i went and bought the 0801, i looked at techmoan youtube video, on you tube the loops was seamless, on the 0801 i have bought, on the cam when playing the loop segments it plays from 1 - 10 segments straight through, but if i plug the cam into my computer it will only play one segment and then stops i then have to click on the second segment, it does not show all the segments continuously like it does on the cam. is this how these cams work, as you can tell i know less than a novice about these things. I have also put the sd card class 6 in a card reader with the same result. any help would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance.

I'd just like to say that I've bought One OF These after my car was keyed earlier this week and even on the lowest quality setting its still very clear and number plates very viewable.

40 minutes ago, ES auto Install said:

Hi, Sorry to bring this old post back up. But with more accidents on the road a Dash Camera is now reccomended more than ever. If anyone is ever looking for a Dash camera and Installation please visit my website

Link spam reported.

Posted (edited)

I've got a dashcam from Aldi - high res and very good. Alternatively, if you have an android phone you can download Magic Earth - far superior to Google Maps - gives plenty of advanced warning and the layout is much clearer and easier to follow - if you have a suitable cradle for your phone above the dashboard Magic Earth can be setup as a Dash Cam too.

https://www.magicearth.com/ai-dashcam/

It came as standard Map application on my Fairphone 3+ from the e.foundation:

https://e.foundation/

Edited by swarfendor437

On 26/10/2013 at 18:09, Bonjon said:

Not really, when I put my phone in the car cradle it activates the app, when I take it out it stops it.

Its also much better than a standalone unit as it also records locations etc.

Not to mention my smartphone has a miles better quality camera than the standalone units.

Do you use a special cradle?

Can you use other apps (satnav, music players, etc) while the camera is recording your journey?

I’ve got Streethawk DC-2 front and rear wired in

I'm using a Street Guardian SGGCX2PRO. Excellent quality day and night.Also have the rear add-on which I need to wire in.