Car dash camera

wanting to buy car dash camera has anyone got any recommedations of where to buy one as they seem to be many fakes about.

Thanks for your help

Had one similar to this for a couple of years.Run the usb lead up the door pillar and through the headlining to the DVR in the top centre of the screen. Plug it into a USB adapter in the lighter socket and keep it plugged in. Starts recording when you turn on the ignition , stops when you switch off. Bonzer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VISION-IN-CAR-ACCIDENT-CAMERA-Recorder/dp/B0085ZD17G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379878051&sr=8-1&keywords=mini+vehicle+dvr

regards Mick

Edited by chumpy

If you have a half decent smart phone you can get apps (I use AutoGuard) that record out of the front camera and can use the sensors to record data. I then have my phone mounted in the windscreen, much better than most in car cameras, and no/little extra expense.

Had one similar to this for a couple of years.Run the usb lead up the door pillar and through the headlining to the DVR in the top centre of the screen. Plug it into a USB adapter in the lighter socket and keep it plugged in. Starts recording when you turn on the ignition , stops when you switch off. Bonzer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/VISION-IN-CAR-ACCIDENT-CAMERA-Recorder/dp/B0085ZD17G/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1379878051&sr=8-1&keywords=mini+vehicle+dvr

regards Mick

I have the same camera that the link shows and I'm very pleased with it I paid around £18 for it from Ebay and the recorded picture is well beyond my expectations, I do find the motion detection a little insensitive so I have it to switch on with the ignition and I can look back several days if necessary, obviously dependant on the amount of travelling I do.

If you have a half decent smart phone you can get apps (I use AutoGuard) that record out of the front camera and can use the sensors to record data. I then have my phone mounted in the windscreen, much better than most in car cameras, and no/little extra expense.

I second this. I use my old Android phone (no SIM card in it) with the free Daily Roads app. Records speed, location and time/date.

This has the benefit of there already being a screen to watch footage playback if need be.

I second this. I use my old Android phone (no SIM card in it) with the free Daily Roads app. Records speed, location and time/date.

This has the benefit of there already being a screen to watch footage playback if need be.

I've just put this app, seems ok so far. If i use an old phone without the sim how will it record location (thought it needed a signal for location services)?

I've just put this app, seems ok so far. If i use an old phone without the sim how will it record location (thought it needed a signal for location services)?

You need to turn the GPS on. The satellite signal is a separate thing to the cellular network signal (phone signal).

You need to turn the GPS on. The satellite signal is a separate thing to the cellular network signal (phone signal).

Cheers for that, don't know why but I always thought you needed SIM in for your gps to work. Learn something new every day.

Cheers for that, don't know why but I always thought you needed SIM in for your gps to work. Learn something new every day.

Yes!

Never throw away a working Android, I have two old ones, one I use as a dash cam and another in my window at home which sends CCTV images to my current phone through the house wifi (I'm sure you wouldn't need that though, looking at your sig :D )

They are just a pocket sized tablet computer, whether you have a SIM in them or not

wanting to buy car dash camera has anyone got any recommedations of where to buy one as they seem to be many fakes about.

Thanks for your help

Loads of info here Baza..

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=dash+cameras+reviews&oq=dash+cameras&gs_l=youtube.1.3.0l4j0i5l4.1813.5094.0.8203.12.11.0.1.1.0.125.1094.8j3.11.0...0.0...1ac.1.11.youtube.ABHc2dHGpnQ

another in my window at home which sends CCTV images to my current phone through the house wifi

What do you use for this? I'm interested in viewing a USB cam on my laptop while out the house.