3 British people murdered in Kenya

That's not necessarily true, we probably hear more about what happens to ex Muslims because it makes sensational headlines. I know of many Muslims (male & female) who notionally describe themselves as such yet don't attend the mosque, drink, wear Western garb and behave very much like the rest of us.

Leaving Islam, (assuming we regard that as progress) will happen organically over time, remember we're talking about communities of people who've been here for less than 50 years, but I bet in another 50 years the percentage of those remaining who are practising Muslims will be similar to those who'd describe themselves as practising Christians.

I think it`s more a case of someone of western origin (for example descended from generations of Christians) been more open about being an atheist whereas an ex Muslim might not believe in anything but will still describe themselves as a Muslim and not an atheist.

As people become more educated and have access to the internet I do believe the world will see a rapid decline in religion. While ever parents are instilling religion in their children it will take generations though.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 14:53 ----------

An Indian man was shot because he could not answer the question 'What is the name of Muhammad's mother?'

When he couldn't answer they just shot him.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Indian-shot-in-Nairobi-mall-for-failing-to-answer-query-on-Islam/articleshow/22937955.cms

I would have been shot I don`t know the answer without google.

Not in the slightest janie, I was paraphrasing OB who used the term 'seeing the light'.

I'm afraid like it or like it not it's much harder to maintain a disciplined adherence to Islam whilst living in Western society where the lifestyle is more permissive..and let's face it fun.

Coming from a very Christian immigrant background myself I see parallels with what Asian youths are experiencing now and the development of West Indian adolescents in the 70's. Similar has been seen with Jews, we once had a thriving and growing Jewish community in Sheffield, now it's dwindled to hardly anything. The Jewish friends I have still identify themselves as being Jewish, but don't follow the doctrine as slavishly as their forebears, if at all.

Yes I understand what you are saying, but not following the disciplined faith of ones forebears (which I don't) and choosing not to discuss personal beliefs with others doesn't have to necessarily suggest a lack of faith.

For that reason I am not so sure it can be accurately established in the West who has a religious belief and who doesn't, especially in a climate of violence among fanatical religious groups, when understandably people will choose not to be associated with religion.

Is it true, probably not, but its been reported, probably misunderstood, that Kenya is to expel ALL Somali nationals?

Not in the slightest janie, I was paraphrasing OB who used the term 'seeing the light'.

I'm afraid like it or like it not it's much harder to maintain a disciplined adherence to Islam whilst living in Western society where the lifestyle is more permissive..and let's face it fun.

Coming from a very Christian immigrant background myself I see parallels with what Asian youths are experiencing now and the development of West Indian adolescents in the 70's. Similar has been seen with Jews, we once had a thriving and growing Jewish community in Sheffield, now it's dwindled to hardly anything. The Jewish friends I have still identify themselves as being Jewish, but don't follow the doctrine as slavishly as their forebears, if at all.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 14:25 ----------

Don't worry HH, you'll be long dead before global warming, famine and overpopulation becomes an issue.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 14:27 ----------

Hey OB, if you see a fat black bloke wearing a thobe round Sheff, that'll be me trying to hide my delectable love handles :D

I'll keep a look out for you BF. Just please tell me what a thobe is though first, so i can recognise you ! :hihi:

I know it doesn`t get media attention it deserves and it is disgusting that it doesn`t.

Suicide bombers kill 78 Christians outside Pakistani church.

PESHAWAR, Pakistan: A pair of suicide bombers blew themselves up outside a 130-year-old church in Pakistan after Sunday Mass, killing at least 78 people in the deadliest attack on Christians in the predominantly Muslim South Asian country.

http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/International/2013/Sep-22/232114-bomb-outside-church-kills-at-least-9-in-nw-pakistan-officials.ashx#axzz2fiyUkXFA

Suicide bomber kills 16 in mainly Sunni district of Baghdad

BAGHDAD (Reuters) - A suicide bomber blew himself up inside a tent filled with mourners in a predominantly Sunni district of Baghdad on Sunday, killing at least 16 people, police and medical sources said.

http://news.yahoo.com/suicide-bomber-kills-16-mainly-sunni-district-baghdad-164729856.html

That was just yesterday alone.

Is it true, probably not, but its been reported, probably misunderstood, that Kenya is to expel ALL Somali nationals?

Bit knee jerk isn't it? Does Kenya have the equivalent of the DM?

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 15:17 ----------

I'll keep a look out for you BF. Just please tell me what a thobe is though first, so i can recognise you ! :hihi:

I think he meant "th-obe" its a special robe with excess baggage lovehandles sewn in. Lots of girly sequins though, you can't miss him.

I think it`s more a case of someone of western origin (for example descended from generations of Christians) been more open about being an atheist whereas an ex Muslim might not believe in anything but will still describe themselves as a Muslim and not an atheist.

Totally agree, and to be honest Im not really concerned what they describe themselves as provided they keep away from extremist thinking and suicide vests.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 15:24 ----------

I think he meant "th-obe" its a special robe with excess baggage lovehandles sewn in. Lots of girly sequins though, you can't miss him.

:rant::blush::rant::blush:

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 15:27 ----------

..if it is true it's a gross over reaction to terrible events orchestrated by fanatics who happen to be Somalians (and Muslim).

What next, should we put Mo Farah on the next banana boat to Mogadishu?

They've had a busy few days, what will next week bring? It will bring more of the same, there's no doubt of that..

2013.09.22 (Baghdad, Iraq) - A sectarian suicide bomber hits a funeral, killing at least sixteen mourners.

2013.09.22 (Peshawar, Pakistan) - Two Jundullah suicide bombers obliterate over eighty worshippers at a church service, including many women and children.

2013.09.21 (Azamiyah, Iraq) - Fundamentalist gunmen kill four people at a store selling alcohol.

2013.09.21 (Nairobi, Kenya) - Nearly sixty shoppers are murdered by Islamic activists in a targeted attack on non-Muslims at a shopping mall.

2013.09.21 (Sadr City, Iraq) - Women and children are amply represented among over seventy people massacred by a Shahid suicide bomber at a funeral.

2013.09.20 (Qalqiliya, Israel) - A Israeli soldier is kidnapped and murdered by Fatah.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 16:07 ----------

As anti- Islam activists are usually called "knuckledraggers" this is a good contribution...

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 14:53 ----------An Indian man was shot because he could not answer the question 'What is the name of Muhammad's mother?'

When he couldn't answer they just shot him.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/rest-of-world/Indian-shot-in-Nairobi-mall-for-failing-to-answer-query-on-Islam/articleshow/22937955.cms

I would have been shot I don`t know the answer without google.

Pure insanity. Did it ever occur to them they may have inadvertantly killed a few muslims? Someone may have been so shocked and frozen with fear at what was happening, they simply couldn't get the words out.

Pure insanity. Did it ever occur to them they may have inadvertantly killed a few muslims? Someone may have been so shocked and frozen with fear at what was happening, they simply couldn't get the words out.

I doubt any of these lunatics are troubled by rational thinking, Sierra.

I doubt any of these lunatics are troubled by rational thinking, Sierra.

I fear you are right. None of this makes any sense.

Actually, this reminded me of the time I spent in Catholic school. There was one nun who lined us up like a drill sergeant and made us recite whatever prayer we'd learned that week. Even though I knew the prayer, by the time she got to me the thought of punishment often made my mind go momentarily blank.

Edited by Sierra

They've had a busy few days, what will next week bring? It will bring more of the same, there's no doubt of that..

2013.09.22 (Baghdad, Iraq) - A sectarian suicide bomber hits a funeral, killing at least sixteen mourners.

2013.09.22 (Peshawar, Pakistan) - Two Jundullah suicide bombers obliterate over eighty worshippers at a church service, including many women and children.

2013.09.21 (Azamiyah, Iraq) - Fundamentalist gunmen kill four people at a store selling alcohol.

2013.09.21 (Nairobi, Kenya) - Nearly sixty shoppers are murdered by Islamic activists in a targeted attack on non-Muslims at a shopping mall.

2013.09.21 (Sadr City, Iraq) - Women and children are amply represented among over seventy people massacred by a Shahid suicide bomber at a funeral.

2013.09.20 (Qalqiliya, Israel) - A Israeli soldier is kidnapped and murdered by Fatah.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 16:07 ----------

As anti- Islam activists are usually called "knuckledraggers" this is a good contribution...

why did Iraq have zero al-kida beore the USA and its terrorist arm Saudi invaded ?

why have you not included any terror attacks taking place in syria by the hands of british tax funded terrorist ??

fascism always hates people due to their beliefs . much like hitler convincing the public to hate jews.