3 British people murdered in Kenya

It's been mentioned that the Israeli's are involved (special forces?) Was wondering why this wasn't kept under wraps from the media as it puts the hostages under greater threat from the terrorists. Not that it can be much worse than it already is of course.

Edit: I thought this was a thread about the plight of hostages in Kenya?

Edited by ronthenekred

Its been confirmed that theres now 4 British nationals confirmed dead.

Many Atheists leave religion, especially Christianity when they reach adulthood because they see it for what it is. A scam.

It`s harder for Muslims to do even if they wanted to because communities ostracise them so they carry on the act even if they do not believe. Apostasy doesn`t go down well in Islam.

That's not necessarily true, we probably hear more about what happens to ex Muslims because it makes sensational headlines. I know of many Muslims (male & female) who notionally describe themselves as such yet don't attend the mosque, drink, wear Western garb and behave very much like the rest of us.

Leaving Islam, (assuming we regard that as progress) will happen organically over time, remember we're talking about communities of people who've been here for less than 50 years, but I bet in another 50 years the percentage of those remaining who are practising Muslims will be similar to those who'd describe themselves as practising Christians.

That's not necessarily true, we probably hear more about what happens to ex Muslims because it makes sensational headlines. I know of many Muslims (male & female) who notionally describe themselves as such yet don't attend the mosque, drink, wear Western garb and behave very much like the rest of us.

Leaving Islam, (assuming we regard that as progress) will happen organically over time, remember we're talking about communities of people who've been here for less than 50 years, but I bet in another 50 years the percentage of those remaining who are practising Muslims will be similar to those who'd describe themselves as practising Christians.

I dont think that will pan out BF. There seems to be more Islamic clothing being worn, more mosques being built.

Islam is on the rise im afraid. Just because they are living in the UK, doesnt mean they will see the light and adapt to the western world.

Being 'Muslim' is very important to them, they wont let go now.

This is nothing new. Attacks like this has been happening every day since the start of war on terror. When you carpet bomb a country. Destroy the infrastructure 75% of building, the army, police and forcefully remove the government I.e regime change then replace it with mish mash and no law and order...you get this....terrorism!

Terrorism is created...its given birth by someone and then its allowed to grow...

All the terrorism you see 9/11,bin laden, 7/7 suicide bombers, Iraq, Afgan, Libia, ,Syria and now Kenya follow Wahhabism. This is a unique Saudi Arabia brand enforced by the Saudi royal family – now numbered 33,000. Billions have been spent trying to export this new brand of Islam. It is NOT followed by the mainstream Islam followers of 1 billion. It is only one small sect out of 100

Its been only around for 200 years created by a one Mr Muhammed bin Abd al-Wahhab. They follow only his teachings and books anything else is NOT considered to be a Muslim.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/saudi/analyses/wahhabism.html

MR Wahhab was paid by the british agents to topple the Ottoman empire and create a new sect and divide the Muslims. “divide and rule”. He was a total nutcase!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SySclUxUC4

Wahhabismis is well supported by the British. They sell them arms (£60 billion) these arms are used on civilians to keep them in power and also to spread the killing you see today on your TV.

Islam is not one entity – language , food, culture and how they practice is all different. Its not what you see on the TV. Thats propaganda for a reason...

but the TRUTH does not fit the fasicts propagands which tries and demoize people due to their belifes.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 12:50 ----------

There would be no drone attacks intentionally directed at a house full of women and children so what's with that story?

The ship yard shootings were "Mass murder" but is it relevant when people are shot or blown up to get particular about what terminology to use.

ahhh the collateral damage bs .

from a country which has been at war almost constantly since it was created , when they say its a accident , thats bs.

and its a fact if the ship yard shooter was muslim , it would have been called terroism.

blowing up hundreds of children by drones ( shall I list their names ?) is terrosim .

That's unfair.

Unfair but so typical.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 12:52 ----------

Allah gave us all a brain and the choice of wether we choose to use it, .

No he didnt. That was evolution.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 12:53 ----------

That's just your opinion Maxtor; the terrorists would disagree with you, of course. They claim to take the Koran literally instead of 'interpreting' it. That, they say, makes them 'true' Muslims, and their argument, you have to admit, is as valid as that of those Muslims who claim otherwise. Just because they don't fit in with your personal idea of what Islam is, or what Muslims are, doesn't make their claim false.

so what your saying is?.....

I dont think that will pan out BF. There seems to be more Islamic clothing being worn, more mosques being built.

Islam is on the rise im afraid. Just because they are living in the UK, doesnt mean they will see the light and adapt to the western world.

Being 'Muslim' is very important to them, they wont let go now.

That's how it might seem, but the mosques aren't being built by 20 year olds, they're being instigated by the elders.

I firmly believe that just because they're living in the West they'll 'see the light', after all it's social development that's been seen before amongst Christian immigrants from the former colonies, the 1st generation were hardcore Christians, they're offspring less and less so.

I've also seen this through my own children and their affiliations. My eldest had no Muslim friends probably because they affiliated more with their kinfolk, my youngest (14 years younger) has many-doesn't see anything peculiar in that and they mix with him and his mates as though they're all the same. They even eat pork, drink beer and date non Muslims fgs!

The young (troublemaking), Muslims we see today are demonstrating the identity crises displayed by all 2nd generation immigrants caught between Western influences which provide many attractive distractions countered against the racism which they've experienced and they've seen their parents experience which pushes them towards a more fundamental lifestyle.

Does appear to be the case in Canada.

Survey shows Muslim population is fastest growing religion in Canada

OTTAWA — The Islamic centre in Saskatoon is experiencing growing pains. Friday services have been split in two so local streets aren’t clogged with traffic. City officials and nearby residents are working with the centre to answer questions like where to put more parking?

“We have been experiencing this kind of steady increase for a while,” said Amin Elshorbagy, president of the Canadian Islamic Congress.

“We can see this in terms of the need to expand our infrastructure. Most of our Islamic centres are becoming very crowded.”

Across the country, the Muslim population is growing at a rate exceeding other religions, according to Statistics Canada. It is even growing faster than the number of Canadians identifying as having no religion, though just barely, according to the National Household Survey released Wednesday.

The Muslim population exceeded the one million mark, according to the survey, almost doubling its population for the third-consecutive decade.

.......................................................................................................

Twenty years ago, the world had about 1.1 billion Muslims. Twenty years from now, it will have about twice as many - and they'll represent more than a quarter of all people on earth, according to a new study released Thursday.

That's a rise from less than 20 percent in 1990.

Pakistan will overtake Indonesia as home of the largest number of Muslims, as its population pushes over 256 million, the Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life projects.

The number of Muslims in the United States will more than double, to 6.2 million, it anticipates.

Afghanistan's population will nearly double, to about 50.5 million, making it home to the ninth largest Muslim population in the world.

Israel will become nearly a quarter Muslim. The Palestinian territories have one of the highest growth rates in the world.

Fractious Nigeria, where Christian-Muslim violence has left thousands dead in the past decade, will become a Muslim-majority country by 2030, the Pew Forum projects.

And two western European countries - France and Belgium - will become more than 10 percent Muslim. Sweden will hover just below that level, at 9.9 percent.

Edited by angos

It's very worrying. I am fearful for what the world will be like for our children and grandchildren. :(

That's how it might seem, but the mosques aren't being built by 20 year olds, they're being instigated by the elders.

I firmly believe that just because they're living in the West they'll 'see the light', after all it's social development that's been seen before amongst Christian immigrants from the former colonies, the 1st generation were hardcore Christians, they're offspring less and less so.

I've also seen this through my own children and their affiliations. My eldest had no Muslim friends probably because they affiliated more with their kinfolk, my youngest (14 years younger) has many-doesn't see anything peculiar in that and they mix with him and his mates as though they're all the same. They even eat pork, drink beer and date non Muslims fgs!

The young (troublemaking), Muslims we see today are demonstrating the identity crises displayed by all 2nd generation immigrants caught between Western influences which provide many attractive distractions countered against the racism which they've experienced and they've seen their parents experience which pushes them towards a more fundamental lifestyle.

You appear to be implying that the earlier generations you refer to have had nothing good to contribute to their offspring, and the young ones are now "seeing the light" as if anything bad can only have been instigated by the elders. Its a shame if that legacy is the only impression those young ones have of their elders

Its an interesting post BF, from a man with first hand knowledge re your kids / friends etc. However more mosques are still being built - that wont change anytime soon.

I travel through Burngreave / Barnsley Rd areas 3/4/5 times a week. Islamic costumes have never been more popular, worn by both young and old, male and female.

In my opinion, Islam will never just fade away, even though i understand what you say about the younger generations. Their faith is so important to them, elders / radicals / fundamentalists will never allow their fellow Muslims to just 'lose interest'. Islam in all its forms is here in the UK to stay.

How its going to be controlled to fit in with British life is a very interesting debate.

You appear to be implying that the earlier generations you refer to have had nothing good to contribute to their offspring, and the young ones are now "seeing the light" as if anything bad can only have been instigated by the elders. Its a shame if that legacy is the only impression those young ones have of their elders

Not in the slightest janie, I was paraphrasing OB who used the term 'seeing the light'.

I'm afraid like it or like it not it's much harder to maintain a disciplined adherence to Islam whilst living in Western society where the lifestyle is more permissive..and let's face it fun.

Coming from a very Christian immigrant background myself I see parallels with what Asian youths are experiencing now and the development of West Indian adolescents in the 70's. Similar has been seen with Jews, we once had a thriving and growing Jewish community in Sheffield, now it's dwindled to hardly anything. The Jewish friends I have still identify themselves as being Jewish, but don't follow the doctrine as slavishly as their forebears, if at all.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 14:25 ----------

It's very worrying. I am fearful for what the world will be like for our children and grandchildren. :(

Don't worry HH, you'll be long dead before global warming, famine and overpopulation becomes an issue.

---------- Post added 23-09-2013 at 14:27 ----------

Islamic costumes have never been more popular, worn by both young and old, male and female.

Hey OB, if you see a fat black bloke wearing a thobe round Sheff, that'll be me trying to hide my delectable love handles :D