3 British people murdered in Kenya

Are there any non extreme Muslims? You don't seem to get them in the same way you do people that are only nominally Christian, only go to church for weddings, christenings and funerals, probably don't own a bible, kind of people. With Islam it seems you're either all in and being a Muslim is a fundamental part of your identity or your not a Muslim at all.

It's called brain washing at an early age.

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 10:12 ----------

Islam is the problem as well, its not just the extremists.

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 09:53 ----------

Indeed, in particular the USA is condemed for its "war" against Muslim nations. The fact that American troops died defending Muslims over there is always ignored.

There is a definite transition in progress. 20 years ago it would be "We must help those poor dears"

Now it is more a case of sit back and offer sympathy from the sidelines.

Perhaps in another 20 years we will work out why governments have been stockpiling nuclear weapons for the last 60 years.

Anybody else sick and tired of the non stop coverage of the mall situation?

No more mention of Syria, the budget talks or anything else. The media are like kids finding a new toy and tossing the rest of the toys into a corner

We get the same when anything happens Stateside such as the Boston bombings or your various gun massacres.

78 people murdered in Pakistan last Sunday because they were Christians.

If thats not racist then what is.

They werent killed because of their race, they were murdered because of their religion. Thats the difference.

I didn't say you needed to justify the statement because I agreed with it. I just want to know how it is relevant?

Not all Germans were evil but they still eventually united behind their flag to empower Nazism. Extremist Islam is evil and it has consumed entire Mulsim countries despite the fact that most Muslims are not evil.

So, once again, so what?

Ah yes, the classic tactic for avoiding the difficult questions. Imply that anyone who does not welcome Islam is a 'round 'em up and ship 'em out' racist. :roll:

The solution is up for debate... which would be nice to have without the 'problem deniers' trying to stiffle it.

Spot on....

Not all Germans were evil but they still eventually united behind their flag to empower Nazism. Extremist Islam is evil and it has consumed entire Mulsim countries despite the fact that most Muslims are not evil.

The UK is not a Muslim country. I'm trying to think of a non Muslim country that has been consumed by Extremist Islam or even Islam without reverting back to the birth of Islam or thereabouts.

The rise and fall of Nazism wasn't because of differing ideals religiously. Those for or against Nazism were of the same persuasion, Christians, not religious fanatics. The struggle wasn't for religious superiority.

Its time to put the boot on the other foot. Muslim's need to prove that their religion is indeed one of "peace." Its not, those who constantly make excuses for it are part of the problem.
Presumably the ones who don't engage in criminality are already demonstrating that.

I think if there was a worldwide movement, especially in the West, where protests were held, very much like the "not in my name" marches then we could take them more seriously.

They're under no compunction to behave in the way you describe just as you aren't required to protest against illegal wars that are prosecuted against Muslim countries. If you want to do so that's fine, if they want to do so that's also fine but not doing so doesn't represent a tacit support of illegal wars or acts of terrorism

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 11:22 ----------

They werent killed because of their race, they were murdered because of their religion. Thats the difference.

They were murdered because they weren't Muslims, not because they were Christians. Notwithstanding the fact they were murdered for no reason at all.

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 11:24 ----------

The MCB is controlled by activists connected to the Islamist political party, Jamaat-e-Islami, whose Pakistan branch was run by Farooq Murad’s father.

MCC urges Ottawa to add "Jamaat-e-Islami" and "Muslim Brotherhood" to list of terrorist organizations.

Forgive me, but perhaps you didn't read the post I was responding to? The poster said there were no public condemnation of acts of terrorism by Muslims, I provided evidence that there was.

I didn't say you needed to justify the statement because I agreed with it. I just want to know how it is relevant?

How is it relevant that not all muslims are evil?

It's relevant because some people are moving towards that point.

What point are you trying to address? You're loudly agreeing with me. I'm confused.

So, once again, so what?

Really lost.

So what about what?

Can you phrase me a question please?

Ah yes, the classic tactic for avoiding the difficult questions. Imply that anyone who does not welcome Islam is a 'round 'em up and ship 'em out' racist. :roll:

The solution is up for debate... which would be nice to have without the 'problem deniers' trying to stiffle it.

I never said you were racist.

I never denied there was a problem.

I wanted your solution.

Search my history - I'm a loud critic of Islam. I feel I was in good form here.

Edited by Chris_Sleeps

Presumably the ones who don't engage in criminality are already demonstrating that.

They're under no compunction to behave in the way you describe just as you aren't required to protest against illegal wars that are prosecuted against Muslim countries. If you want to do so that's fine, if they want to do so that's also fine but not doing so doesn't represent a tacit support of illegal wars or acts of terrorism

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 11:22 ----------

They were murdered because they weren't Muslims, not because they were Christians. Notwithstanding the fact they were murdered for no reason at all.

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 11:24 ----------

Forgive me, but perhaps you didn't read the post I was responding to? The poster said there were no public condemnation of acts of terrorism by Muslims, I provided evidence that there was.

No you pointed to a site who you thought were.

Its time to put the boot on the other foot. Muslim's need to prove that their religion is indeed one of "peace." Its not, those who constantly make excuses for it are part of the problem.

I don't think Muslims need to do that, you'd be expecting everyone to prove their innocence. There are plenty of web sites and people who do show that Islam is one of peace, but misinterpreted by some for their own ends.

The media needs to stop creating the link that Muslims are bad, just like they do when there's a story about so-called Christians banning same sex couples at their B&B, or being "forced" not to wear a visible cross.

The UK is not a Muslim country. I'm trying to think of a non Muslim country that has been consumed by Extremist Islam or even Islam without reverting back to the birth of Islam or thereabouts.

The rise and fall of Nazism wasn't because of differing ideals religiously. Those for or against Nazism were of the same persuasion, Christians, not religious fanatics. The struggle wasn't for religious superiority.

The point is that evil, indifferent and good Germans eventually united behind their shared national identity. It is an example of why we cannot ignore the problems of Islam just because most Muslims are (obviously) not evil.

Thats O.K. then.

They were murdered because they weren't Muslims, not because they were Christians.

Thats exactly the same thing just worded slightly differently.

---------- Post added 24-09-2013 at 12:14 ----------

Thats O.K. then.

Why would you say that?