Did you ever live on thorncliffe row

I didn't personally, but my Great-Grandad Thomas Steele and Great-Grandma Mary Ann lived on Thorncliffe Row Chapeltown. I guess my Grandma Ada Steele and her siblings grew up there. What I do know is when my Grandma married Joseph Henry Theaker in 1909 they lived there for awhile too.

Edited by Joto

I lived on Thorncliffe Row 1958 until about 1963/4. Does anyone remember the Kelk family.

my great grandparents lived on there,a long time befor 1958 though,

sue if you have any pictures of thorncliffe row i would like to see what it was like,

my parents lived 53 thorncliffe lane. Dad worked at Newton chambers so not far to walk!

i used to deliver eggs on their with my dad john marshall he was better known as mash

my Dad knew Mash very well and I remember visiting his house as a girl!

On 21/09/2013 at 23:08, Joto said:

I didn't personally, but my Great-Grandad Thomas Steele and Great-Grandma Mary Ann lived on Thorncliffe Row Chapeltown. I guess my Grandma Ada Steele and her siblings grew up there. What I do know is when my Grandma married Joseph Henry Theaker in 1909 they lived there for awhile too.

I've just googled Thorncliffe Row, to try and find some information, and been directed to this thread which I can see is 7 years old! Now I've read it, I am 100% convinced that we are related. I had an Auntie Ada who lived on Thorncliffe Row, and who I used to visit with my brother and sister. We called her Auntie, although she was our Great Aunt. She was the sister of my Grandma Annie Smith (nee Steel - which I always thought was spelled without an e on the end). Her father was called Thomas, and I think that she had a brother called Thomas too. My Grandma and Ada had about 11 other siblings, and they were the last 2 living. My Grandma was born 1888 and died 1984. I don't remember Ada having a husband. Does this make sense to you?

Hi scoobz,       Yes I do believe we are related, I've only found out recently that it was spelt Steel not Steele. My Grandma always said it was with an e, maybe she thought it sounded posher spelt like that. :) I remember visiting aunt Annie and Uncle John when I was a little girl, they played cards together. My Grandma was left by her husband Joseph Theaker to raise 4 young children, my Dad being one of them. I have one or two Facebook friends who are descendants of the Steels, you could be one of them.  Pm me your email address and I could send you a copy of an old photo of Grandma Steel and all her children.