Garden waste bags

Hi all.

my landlady came round the other day and cut down a hedge, but left all the cuttings on my back yard. I therefore need to dispose of them.

I've seen people use these green garden waste bags before. Where can I get them from?

I've tried black bags but the garden waste just rips them to bits. if I can get them in bags I can get them in my car and take them a somewhere for recycling.

thanks

I believe you can order some bags from Veolia.

Theyre not free, but you get like ten bags and I think theyll collect them for you as well.

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/Collections/Garden-Waste/Green-Bins/

Its been a while since we had to do that, so it could be out of date. Could try to drop them an email or ringing on Monday to see whats available to you

I use the ones from sainsburys which are about £1.80 for ten, but if veolia come and pick it up then as above.

I believe you can order some bags from Veolia.

Theyre not free, but you get like ten bags and I think theyll collect them for you as well.

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/Collections/Garden-Waste/Green-Bins/

Its been a while since we had to do that, so it could be out of date. Could try to drop them an email or ringing on Monday to see whats available to you

It is still in use this service but only till november.

http://www.veoliaenvironmentalservices.co.uk/Sheffield/Collections/Garden-Waste/Green-Bins/Garden-waste-recycling-service-costs/

Just use strong black sacks or rubble sacks, they don't have to be garden sacks if you are taking them in the car to the tip, as you have to empty them when you get there

The system of green bags bought from Veolia (which I thought was good ) has this year been replaced by a Green Bin system. You pay to have a green bin which is emptied fortnightly, the season being from April to November. You can opt into the system even as late as October, and pay accordingly.

For those of us with trees which do not start shedding their leaves until Oct/Nov, the green bags were ideal. The green bin is not.

Hi all.

my landlady came round the other day and cut down a hedge, but left all the cuttings on my back yard. I therefore need to dispose of them.

I've seen people use these green garden waste bags before. Where can I get them from?

I've tried black bags but the garden waste just rips them to bits. if I can get them in bags I can get them in my car and take them a somewhere for recycling.

thanks

you used to be able to get them from sheffield city council but i dont know if they do them anymore now you could go in and ask for nothing

The local libraries used to sell the green waste sacks, but as the poster above mentioned that scheme was superseded by the green bins, which started off as a free service and then became a chargeable service.

If you're taking the rubbish to the tip, you can buy strong black bags (rubble sacks) at supermarkets or DIY stores which won't tear.

But shouldn't your landlady be sorting this out??