I wouldn't even open a takeaway there, if they don't like our mosques they don't deserve to have a take away run by Muslims! :hihi:

IMO, there's too many of those in the city as well. Look at Fir Vale, a dump full of junk food outlets.

So that's a good thing.

I used to go in the pheasant in the 90s and used to live on Lindsey avenue, I am very well informed about the area and what goes on.

The attacks on the pub you mention were never mentioned in any news and yes you may have had an incident of shouting abuse out of cars but what has that got to do with the proposed mosque that is now not going ahead?

Your post stating you are proud to be a racist said it all for me, you are just like the other sad racists that live in s5 and are a minority but think you are a majority. :rolleyes:

I've never gone down page hall shouting abuse out of my car window at people or spitting at people as they come out of places...

When the Irish first started coming to the UK in very large numbers I have heard there was a lot of objection to their churches being built.

By their do you meen catholic? Anti-catholic prejudice dates back to the 16th century and is still alive and kicking. As a catholic myself I can assure you of this. If you are still in donut search catholic in the search bar of the forum. You will see the comments such as "Vatican aka peadoville" prejudice is a horror thing.

Isn't old Tommy Robinson an Oirish Cat'lic :huh:

I would've t'ought he 'ates the English

Apologies to any native Irish; I don't t do the accent very well :blush:

Edited by The Joker
Can't speak the lingo, or type it

An interesting stat. The EDL page on facebook is now just 64 "likes" behind the Conservatives. They both have roughly 164,000.

---------- Post added 21-09-2013 at 21:06 ----------

And another interesting stat. Sheffield is now the largest growth area for the EDL. No doubt they will want to thank SCC for encouraging this.

And a few people of here as well who encourage people to support the EDL with there nonsense.:)

Edited by TheWriter

An interesting stat. The EDL page on facebook is now just 64 "likes" behind the Conservatives. They both have roughly 164,000.

Tomorrow's headlines:

Conservatives officially as unpopular as EDL

Edited by The Joker

Here's the link to the vid of todays events.

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/

Meanwhile in Lincolnshire, more than three times as many people marched to protest about library closures!

Despite the excitement at the murder of Lee Rigby in some EDL circles, the upsurge in support for them never happened and they are back to organising pathetically poorly supported pubcrawls.

On the subject of costing local authorities money, maybe it is time that the EDL started being asked to pay towards the policing of these events.

On the subject of costing local authorities money, maybe it is time that the EDL started being asked to pay towards the policing of these events.

Too right. The police seem reluctant to act in this regard. They've already been characterised as anti-freedom of speech by the far right but I think they need to be decisive and exercise the right to ban violent demonstrations.

Rather than believe the misinformation put forward by certain members on this thread, why not watch the video evidence and make your own mind up? A loutish mob descends on Sheffield:

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2013-09-21/edl-march-in-sheffield/

Meanwhile in Lincolnshire, more than three times as many people marched to protest about library closures!

Despite the excitement at the murder of Lee Rigby in some EDL circles, the upsurge in support for them never happened and they are back to organising pathetically poorly supported pubcrawls.

Its a fair point. But then that would start the ball rolling and many more should have to pay as well.

In relation to popularity. It depends very much where you live. In poor areas they are very popular. This could be argued that this is either because they are uneducated or the ones affected most by the issues they protest about.

There was a can thrown from somone into the crowd of EDL supporters. There were several thrown in retaliation. I saw it all.

I stopped by there myself on my way out of sheffield ,and saw a plastic bottle being thrown into the plods direction. You see this every night of the week by gangs of feckless kids out on the street corner. Hardly major criminal activity .

If only the EDL were available to protest against the demolition of the Tinsley Cooling Towers... on second thoughts, nah... they probably would've turned up late to that too :hihi:

Too right. The police seem reluctant to act in this regard. They've already been characterised as anti-freedom of speech by the far right but I think they need to be decisive and exercise the right to ban violent demonstrations.

Rather than believe the misinformation put forward by certain members on this thread, why not watch the video evidence and make your own mind up? A loutish mob descends on Sheffield:

http://www.itv.com/news/calendar/story/2013-09-21/edl-march-in-sheffield/

The problem with that is that the cameras are only pointed at the EDL. The incident started when a can was thrown at the EDL and they reacted. I saw it. I've already said that there was some pond life there from the local estate who were involved in this.

Are you saying that some "political" opinions should be banned from the public arena?

And another interesting stat. Sheffield is now the largest growth area for the EDL. No doubt they will want to thank SCC for encouraging this.

)

Sheffield council is a fantastic recruiter for the EDL with its " city of sanctuary " boast.