Halifax Rd major accident

Hi people.

Avoid Halifax Rd near Lidl as there has been a major accident. Whole junction shut down both ways

Quote from The Star

Officers from Elm Lane and Rivelin were called to the smash between two cars on Halifax Road, Southey Green, at 4.48pm.

One person is trapped in a vehicle after the incident near to Wadsley Bridge club and the Lidl supermarket.

Edited by TheBlueDragon

We just drove past it on the way back from asda.looks nasty.hope the person in the white car is ok.

Yer I just drove past it and were redirected up Doe Royd Ln only to find that was blocked to turned round to go down Meynell Road only to find thats blocked too.

I'm hoping I'm wrong but I saw alot of wedding cars around parked up and driving round so I'm hoping it was part of the wedding group

Edited by TheBlueDragon

This is off facebook from someone that was there ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,2 Bentleys driven by Asians racing at high speed down hallifax road hit a old guy driving a citreon c3 and smashed it to bits...the blob you can see near the bus stop is the engine out of the c3...the old guy had to be cut out of his car...

Wedding bentley's? I'm really hoping my feeling is wrong and hope the old bloke is ok

The speed cameras are situated near that junction so there should be some evidence for the police to view.

The speed cameras are situated near that junction so there should be some evidence for the police to view.

It,s a red light cam at that junction.Speed cam,s a bit up from that.

just been passed walking my dog.all are ok apparently but you wouldn't think so looking at the cars involved.The engine from one car is 50 yds down the road.

But if they were speeding it would have caught them hopefully.

There wasn't a white car/van involved was there?

I reported one to the police earlier today due to his/her very erratic driving.

He was drifting from side to side along the A61 between High Green and Grenoside and even managed to clip the kerb. In Grenoside I couldn't quite believe my eyes.....He started drifting across the road towards a bus coming in the opposite direction, fortunately he got back onto the correct side of the road before the bus got to him.

As soon as I got to my parents I reported him/her to the police because he/she was an accident waiting to happen.

That was probably about 2pm, so I'm guessing he/she wasn't involved with the above.

Regards

Doom

just been passed walking my dog.all are ok apparently but you wouldn't think so looking at the cars involved.The engine from one car is 50 yds down the road.

I'm glad everyone's ok

There wasn't a white car/van involved was there?

I reported one to the police earlier today due to his/her very erratic driving.

He was drifting from side to side along the A61 between High Green and Grenoside and even managed to clip the kerb. In Grenoside I couldn't quite believe my eyes.....He started drifting across the road towards a bus coming in the opposite direction, fortunately he got back onto the correct side of the road before the bus got to him.

As soon as I got to my parents I reported him/her to the police because he/she was an accident waiting to happen.

That was probably about 2pm, so I'm guessing he/she wasn't involved with the above.

Regards

Doom

white Bentley with a pink soft top roof