2 loose dogs attack Man & his dog.

I've got a staffy and she is docile. It really is the owner who makes the dog how it is. If you don't train a dog right it'l forever try and be the pack leader. I only have to glare at my dog and she lays down and submits.

I've had more problems from small dogs like Pugs and Chihuahua's coming upto my dog (yes and when mine is on a lead too!) ready for a fight than the bigger dogs.

Waits for the 'it's an evil dog' posts to follow.............

i know exactly where you are coming from!! i have a mastiff and id back his corner all the way. never has he turned and bitten anything. even when the little ankle biters such as jrt, miniature pincers, chihuahuas are ready for it and think they have some right to dart at my boy and rag his legs and oh the one time he was attacked by a staffy, has he ever retaliated.

it was an awful thing what happened to the man and his dog but im sick of all the people that say our beautiful big babies should be pts based on their size.

grow up its 2013. wheres the understanding on individuality?

Maybe you are mixing in the wrong circles.

I'm disabled and mainly housebound, so that rules your theory out.

This is exactly what worries me somebody earlier putting a comment that bullmastiff are not nasty. Quite clearly these two where so how can someone put that comment

Because THESE particular dogs were nasty. Bull mastiffs as a breed are generally docile friendly dogs. My sister has one & did a lot of research before they got her to ensure they were gettin the right breed for their family. I too did the research as I wanted to know all about them. She is a beautiful dog, loves everyone. You can't tar a whole breed because of 2 bad ones. I have a Saint Bernard, 2 German shepherds & a springer so if these big dogs were to be "phased out" as someone mentioned, I guess I would get to keep the springer right? So my other dogs would be "got rid of" even tho they've never done anything wrong. I don't think so!

They wernt bullmastiffs they wer dobermans they live on penrith road the ggirlfriend has one of them and the boyfriend took the other neitherhabve been destroyed. Just shows what a load of **** people will listen to an print in the papers

Edited by lewisfox
more info

the type that use them as badges would not buy the licence so nothing would be achieved

the type that use them as badges would not buy the license so nothing would be achieved

I have to say that I am against licenses, I really can't see the point they would be unenforceable, and as you say the people that really need to be kept a check on wouldn't buy them anyway, it would end up as just another pointless tax.

I have to say that I am against licenses, I really can't see the point they would be unenforceable, and as you say the people that really need to be kept a check on wouldn't buy them anyway, it would end up as just another pointless tax.

Exactly it'd be a waste of time and money.

It's already law to have your dog tagged with your name and address in public (which would in theory at least identify owners of dangerous dogs) but it's not enforced and most people don't bother.

They wernt bullmastiffs they wer dobermans they live on penrith road the ggirlfriend has one of them and the boyfriend took the other neitherhabve been destroyed. Just shows what a load of **** people will listen to an print in the papers

I would be very surprised if they were bullmastiffs we are on our second bullmastiff as we fell in love with them they are such lovely docile and loving dogs. Even our vet said they are great dogs and the only one's he has seen that turned nasty had something wrong with them.

Edited by Powerage

I know what you're trying to say but I think 30 stitches speaks for itself...

cant argue with that.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 23:06 ----------

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows that dogs are learning creatures. These breeds are treated like crap, kept in appalling conditions or baited to fight. Therefore they will know no better.

Yes some breeds can be more tempermental than others but no breed is born to be vicious. They are made vicious.

Treat a dog nicely, regular walks etc and they'll be your friend for life. :D

That's very true.

---------- Post added 26-09-2013 at 23:08 ----------

I am a big animal lover, but I do have the sense to see that animals are what they are and will in the right circumstances act accordingly.

These may be fantastic pets and wonderful with kids at home...but they weren't at home they were wandering the streets alone, 2 dogs together is a pack, and they act as a pack acts with no owner to tell them otherwise, there are no rules outside anymore.

I'm really sorry to say that some dog owners are deluded about what their pet is capable of and forget that although its a wonderful, trustworthy member of the family, it will always be a dog and its not a Human wearing fur.

The owners of these dogs should be traced and punished where it hurts the most...their pockets!

The voice of reason, as always.

Just seen something on fb about another attack today near city rd. Young boy walking dog and was killed.

Sounds horrific :-(:-(