Shop recommendations to fix Android Tablet please

Hi I have an android Tablet that when I try to charge it, the connection in the actual tablet is loose. I have pulled the front of the tablet off to have a look & it seems the small component part, which has the charger connection, has come off the main circuit board. I need to know if there are any shops in Sheffield that fix tablets without making any more damage, & if they'll fix this issue without ripping me off.

Thanks in advance.

If it's one of the many cheapo 'no name' tablets it's probably not economical to fix it.

Thanks for the suggestion I will try there.

CPC464 can you explain why its not economical to fix it if its a 'no name' tablet. Its not broke it just needs one part attaching to the circuit board. I cant see that costing more than what a replacement would cost me or do you know something I dont.

How old is the tablet and how long ago did you buy it?

A tablet you bought for 100-150 quid a year ago might only be worth 60-80 quid now, as every new model released is a great leap for the previous making them look old hat and useless in an instant.

Thanks for the suggestion I will try there.

CPC464 can you explain why its not economical to fix it if its a 'no name' tablet. Its not broke it just needs one part attaching to the circuit board. I cant see that costing more than what a replacement would cost me or do you know something I dont.

Well most shops will charge you 30 to 40 quid for even a basic repair - you could pick up a new one for 50 quid.

Opening it up might cause more damage as well.

Come on guys, don't be so daft. A connector has fallen off, a little touch with a soldering iron should fix it.

Come on guys, don't be so daft. A connector has fallen off, a little touch with a soldering iron should fix it.

yes you are right a little touch with a soldering iron will fix it.

but for that shops will charge 30/40 quid.

Yeah its not the fact that its beyond repair, just that if you take it to a shop you are probably looking at 40 quid no matter what the fix is - you could probably replace it with a similar specced one (or better), for not much more.

Yeah its not the fact that its beyond repair, just that if you take it to a shop you are probably looking at 40 quid no matter what the fix is - you could probably replace it with a similar specced one (or better), for not much more.

well maybe theres some nice person on here that can do it cheaper thats probably why the op is asking

Then it should be in the vacancies section :nod:

If it's not such an easy fix (like the circuit board is broken or something) then Tesco just released a budget tablet, and by all accounts it's actually alrite.

well maybe theres some nice person on here that can do it cheaper thats probably why the op is asking

True!

Only thing is if it is a cheap one it might not survive the repair if a few brackets get broken or a ribbon gets caught somewhere.