Toshiba Laptop broken screen to TV Via HDMIS probs ??

Hi all, just wondering if anyone can help with this challenging query!

I have a Toshiba A300-1mc with a broken screen.

I have connected to my tv via a hdmi lead to try to bypass the broken screen and display on the tv.

When I switch on laptop, it starts up, lights up behind broken screen etc, windows sound comes on. Nothing on TV.

I have made sure im on correct channel on tv, that's not the problem.

I have googled this and some say to press FN and F4 on startup, and this still hasn't worked.

So, I believe it may be down to:

1 - maybe hdmi output on laptop isn't working?

2 - maybe another f key I can press?

3 - Any other solutions please................

Thanks.

I know with my laptop I have to go into the display settings and change to 'output to projector' to get my display to come up on the TV via HDMI

Thanks for the reply, but. I can't access the settings as can't use laptop screen, anyone know a way around this?

A couple of if's, but if you have have another PC or laptop and if remote desktop is enabled (or you have VNC installed), you could change the settings remotely.

what OS does the laptop have? if it's windows 7 - you can try Windows + P combination.

does your tv have VGA input, try connecting it via VGA or connect a monitor to your laptop. Sometimes FN keys will not work and you can only configure outputs via Display Properties etc.

good luck

You could just have searched Clangeroo, in fact, I am pretty sure this thread would have popped as a suggested thread for your post...

Hi, is you screen actually broken, ie cracked or smashed, or does is just not work, ie black screen or no display?

Thanks.