Going to court, Defending myself.

This is all wrong. That's the purpose of insurance, to deal with this.

Unless your insurers have washed their hands of you and cancelled your policy and refunded your premium, they're supposed to deal with it.But saying that, I was with Swift Cover and had legal assistance. Someone hit me but they dragged their heels. As did the other party's insurer - Churchill.

Re bib. That's how I understand it.

There are two basic reasons to have motor insurance.

1. Because it's the law, and

2. To pay any 3rd party claims if you do have a crash.

I find the whole situation very odd. Unless your insurer can demonstrate that they have not provided you with cover, (eg, the cheque bounced or the application was fraudulent or similar and they were refusing cover) then the Op is insured and it should be the insurance company's problem to sort it out with the other party.

If the OP loses in court, I wonder if she could sue her insurer for recovery of her costs?

Edit. Ah, now seen post #47. It looks like its all going to be sorted after all. I'm glad to hear it.

Edited by Eater Sundae

My emails had gone unanswered because i sent them to the wrong email and didnt realise theyd bounced back
and you reckon you have the wherewithall to defend yourself in court .... help.

not having an unfair snipe at you, just on the face of it, I'd say you're not prepared .....

and you reckon you have the wherewithall to defend yourself in court .... help.

not having an unfair snipe at you, just on the face of it, I'd say you're not prepared .....

No i understand, what people have said on here has made me see things a bit different. I was so pumped up with the idea of walking into court with right on my side. Because i am right, i dont expect people to believe me as i could just tell you lot anything but i know im 100% in the right and that i suppose coloured my judgement and made me feel i could get a result. Knowing my luck ill get some amazing solicitor who knows the judge and a judge who hates Sheffielders and didnt get laid the night before so is after vengeance lol.

Im putting some stuff together for the insurance company and im sending it by email.

Dont worry its the right address this time :hihi:

Ill then just leave them to it and wait for news.

:)

Sarah,I would be very surprised if you had anything to pay at all, you wont even have to go to court,it will be settled by the insurance people before because they work on the principle that if it went to court it could be far more expensive than to come to an agreement between the insurance companies of the cost of damages.If you had a bad judge on the bench he could award far more damages than settling out of court.I had the same experience as you and it was 4yrs after the accident when i was notified i was to attend Leeds county court,i had even forgot about it .Anyhow after a few sleepless nights a solicitor from Glasgow said she was representing me and that was that.It was all sorted with no input from me.

Its clear from the damage to my car that he went into me.

Why do you say that? :confused:

:hihi::hihi:

Because..

Think you may need a bit better proof than that :hihi:

I have been to court to defend myself from someone trying to make a claim when they hit me. They changed the story at least 3 times and I used this from the insurance statements.

If you have legal protection with your insurance use the service or add it, if you don't. I had a someone help me and although the evidence was compelling you need someone who can say the facts in a way to help your cause. Saying something slightly wrong could make a huge difference to the outcome.

Make use of observations, who noticed what and when. If you notice something they didn't it will make them look like they were not observing and checking properly.

Heres a little update for yall,.

Ive not been to court, as yet theres no need but like some suggested i contacted my insurance company, theyd been served too so they knew all about it. They told me not to worry, theyd represent me in court but its likely it will be next year so a fair time to go yet. They are finally paying out on my car, enough for me to get it fixed and looking all shiny shiny again.

Shes lurvly and i cant wait to get her back on the road :)

all's well that ends well then.

provided you don't crash it again, of course :)

all's well that ends well then.

provided you don't crash it again, of course :)

lol..

Well i went to Oxford at the weekend, used the same road and went past the place where i had the accident.

Guess what, i didnt crash. lol.

Well what can i say?

I hope i dont get that judge lol. Can they give you 8 years in county court? lol.

Serious head on for a moment now. As i was typing my reply i got a call from Aviva. It was very apologetic but informative and helpful. My insurance company have been served also, they know all what i know and they are defending me. My emails had gone unanswered because i sent them to the wrong email and didnt realise theyd bounced back :blush:

They've told me to wait now and they will keep me informed. I asked her to promise this and she said she promised. I got to say i was harsh on them but its been such a stressful time and ive never made a claim in my entire life so i havent a clue who it all works

lol

Oh dear....