Home Schooling.

Hi, I help to run Free Range which happens on a Thursday morning at St Oswalds Church hall 10-12 come along for a session to meet other home ed parents and kids, it's a lot of fun.

There is also a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/homeedchatnat/ here which is a closed group but if you join and let me know your name or that you're from Sheffield Forum I'll vouch for you, there is a brilliant community of support and ideas. Loads of meets..... Tuesdays is highfields, wednesday afternoon is walled garden in meersbrook meet, various outdoor groups on friday. all this is on the groups too x

Hi, I help to run Free Range which happens on a Thursday morning at St Oswalds Church hall 10-12 come along for a session to meet other home ed parents and kids, it's a lot of fun.

There is also a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/homeedchatnat/ here which is a closed group but if you join and let me know your name or that you're from Sheffield Forum I'll vouch for you, there is a brilliant community of support and ideas. Loads of meets..... Tuesdays is highfields, wednesday afternoon is walled garden in meersbrook meet, various outdoor groups on friday. all this is on the groups too x

Hi, are you Fi? It's Stacie, I was texting you the other day :-)

Hi, are you Fi? It's Stacie, I was texting you the other day :-)

Ha!! Hi yes! it's Fi, hi Stacie

There is a group on Yahoo which I confess I can't use, it's called something like south yorkshire home ed something, SYHEC I think, there is always a round up of groups and meets and things going on there too.

x

Hi

Can't help re your older child, but did you know that some childminders offer the free early learning places for three and four year olds?

hi my daughter is 13 years old and we are home schooling her all since school said they cant handle her she has Autism and finds it hard 2 mix with other kids the reason im on here is 2 find any groups i can take her 2 in area of highgreen sheffield it wouldbe very helpful if their is such things can any one help

Hi Chowe

There are lots of meet ups in Sheffield, specifically Tuesdays is a meet at Highfields playground in the afternoons. You can find a round up of all meets on the SYHEC group here

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/SYHEC/info?v=1

and this is a group on Facebook for all your questions, queries etc about home education in Sheffield, https://www.facebook.com/groups/homeedchatnat/

If you request to join and say you've been chatting to Fi on Sheffield Forum.

I hope that helps for now, if you have any other questions please ask

x

Have you been in contact with Sheffield Parent Partnership? They should be able to sign post you and from September there will be a 'Local Offer' where you can get an online directory of services and groups in Sheffield becoming available. I would also advise contacting St. Mary's on Bramall Lane as they are running some sessions soon about how funding and education are changing - might be very useful as you won't have access to services usually provided in schools I should think.

Hi chow, I also have an 11 year old with daughter with Autism.

I am an active member in a local support group called Ray of Hope, we meet twice a month at the funzone soft play in Hillsborough, there are siblings there also so not all the children attending have special needs :) you can find full details on our website in the link below.

http://www.ray-of-hope.co.uk/index.html

we also have a facebook group https://www.facebook.com/groups/47995953452/

thanks every one who has replied to this message i will look in 2 all your info if you have any more that would be really helpful thanks again

hi my daughter is 13 years old and we are home schooling her all since school said they cant handle her she has Autism and finds it hard 2 mix with other kids the reason im on here is 2 find any groups i can take her 2 in area of highgreen sheffield it would be very helpful if their is such things can any one help
Ahhhhhh I am so sorry.....

I think its actually BETTER to home school these days (If you can afford to do it) -- They cant get the attention they need in a big school and they are trying to fill kids heads with crap nowadays..... HOME SCHOOLING IS THE ANSWER!!

Im sorry your daughter is having a hard time.. Thank you for sharing this with us,I hope you can find some good stuff for her...

Peace and love to you my friend!

Hi 

I am new to this site. I have been considering home education for some time . My son is due to start school in september, however he currently attends a Forest Nursery and I would love to be able to continue his learning in this way. I really dispise the idea of him being stuck in a class room all day and conditioned to a stale and outdated education system. I am a qualifed child and family practioner and have a few friends within education also, who would also like to find an alternative. 

Please can anyone share information on any current groups or ones starting in Septemeber?

Thank you