4 Mimes/The Discoes from Sheffield clubland

Does anyone remember this act which toured most WMC there? I remember many great nights out watching them?

They also did the Blackswan (mucky duck) many times too.

The Four Mimes became The Disco's

I,ve seen them many times since the 60s and by chance saw them on their final week before they packed in about 5yrs ago I think.It was at Far Grange holiday park Skipsea,I had a word with the big one that acts daft about what happened to the ginger haired fourth member,he said that he had sadly died of cancer thus turning them into the Discos.They were a very funny act always going down well with every audience they played too but all good things come to an end sometime!.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I,ve seen them many times since the 60s and by chance saw them on their final week before they packed in about 5yrs ago I think.It was at Far Grange holiday park Skipsea,I had a word with the big one that acts daft about what happened to the ginger haired fourth member,he said that he had sadly died of cancer thus turning them into the Discos.They were a very funny act always going down well with every audience they played too but all good things come to an end sometime!.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

I worked as a 'sparky' with Roger, the gingered haired member, he was just as funny to work with as when he was on stage.

I think there's an element of rose tinted spex going on here. I remember being taken to see them at some WMC or other in the 70s and being told how brilliant and what a class act they were. I have to say, they were pretty naff, even for the time. They just mimed to records. wore silly wigs and ran around a lot on stage, didn't they?

I know this is an old thread, but Ruby I can't believe you said that about the Three Disco's :o At one time we used to come home every year to Sheffield, first thing we did was look in the OC's to see what club the Disco's were on. We watched them in the 70s and maybe early 80s, they were still good then too. The big one I had a bit of a crush on I think, remember when he did Elvis, during the song, when it was just music, he'd run round the club and just time it so he was back on stage for the singing part. :hihi: Their lip syncing was spot on. :thumbsup: The little red haired one did Bing Crosby proud I think. :thumbsup:

Used to see them every-time they came to the Spa Club on Frecheville, in 70's/80's, oh they were brilliant. Yes you had to be in early for a seat, funniest club act I've EVER seen, mind you saw Stan Richards (Seth Armstrong) at said club he was very funny.

I worked as a 'sparky' with Roger, the gingered haired member, he was just as funny to work with as when he was on stage.

I regret to say that I never saw the 4 mimes or discos. I believe two of my school pals were in the group, Robert Crawley and Rex Bacon. I understood that it was Rex who died of cancer??

I regret to say that I never saw the 4 mimes or discos. I believe two of my school pals were in the group, Robert Crawley and Rex Bacon. I understood that it was Rex who died of cancer??

Bob Crawley also played football for Handswoth Social WMC.

There was another mime group doing the club scene in Sheffield, before moving to the Caberet circuit, the Cuckoo Four, they were really funny too. Those were the days when you went out and had a good nights entertainment. Times have changed, money is tight and a whole way of life has gone forever.

Saw them at Dial House a few times,one of my favourite acts. I remember their version of Briggitte the midget, very good act

Sorry Arodbo, they never did Bridget the midget, that was the mimes, they did that every time. The cuckoo four were the group with the gorgeous girl with legs that went on forever.