4 Mimes/The Discoes from Sheffield clubland

i remember seeing them at the dial house club.And seeing them a few years later doing completely the same act needless to say i didn't stay to see the end.

"Show me a motion...." (cue childs' potty)

I still use this line from time to time.

Have to admit, the show rarely changed from one night to another; once you'd seen it then that was it really. But you had to see it anyway. Despite that they were quite good at the "off the cuff" material too, depending on the audience...

they played to packed clubs for years,also raised a lot of money for charity.were just ordinary guys who made a lot of people happy.what have you morons ever done.

they played to packed clubs for years,also raised a lot of money for charity.were just ordinary guys who made a lot of people happy.what have you morons ever done.
obviously, one thing we all did was see the discoes and not be terribly impressed :)

sorry, kenny, maybe they were better in their heyday.

Well as CeeBee agency they behaved like morons to their acts, we worked for them for a short time and found them to be the most ignorant bunch we'd ever encounterd in the agency business; pulling the usual stunt of shipping you out of town every weekend and bringing in acts from where you were working, the ploy was to bump up the price "because they're from out of town".

Come back 'Little Albert' a true gent.

the comment was not about how they run an agency but if they were a good club act.to say they were crap and all the other comments is rubbish.maybe it is just sour grapes on your part.if you were not happy with how you were treated by them why did you not change agencies?

the comment was not about how they run an agency but if they were a good club act.to say they were crap and all the other comments is rubbish.maybe it is just sour grapes on your part.if you were not happy with how you were treated by them why did you not change agencies?
Well I think you'll see where I said for a short time. Regarding how good as an act as some of the more discerning have said; not up to much if you are discerning.

what a right snob,when the working club scene was in its prime after a week of dust heat and sweat in the works,all you wanted was a good pint and a bit of light relief.this was what the club scene was all about and if anybody was willing to perform at these places in front of those crowds good luck to them.maybe you should have gone to the bally or opera.

what a right snob,when the working club scene was in its prime after a week of dust heat and sweat in the works,all you wanted was a good pint and a bit of light relief.this was what the club scene was all about and if anybody was willing to perform at these places in front of those crowds good luck to them.maybe you should have gone to the bally or opera.
Not a snob at all, the Sheffield WMC club scene was great until the agents like CeeBee moved in.

In the old days concerts secs were paid expenses and went round the clubs looking at acts, what happened when the agents moved in was that they would give concert secs back handers for 6 months work at their club, one of the last straight concert secs was Geoff Clayton at Walkley WMC who booked acts himself and used agents when he chose to.

PS. After attending Music College in London I did go on to play the Classics Ballet Opera etc but still carried on in the WMC scene as well

Edited by Binhead2

The one with ginger hair who did Bridget the Midget sadly died a few years ago, the other along with someone else two run the Cee Bee club act booking agency.You certaintley had to arrive early to get a seat in the club when they was on.

the lad that did Bridgett was Rex Bacon the silly big one he's still alive and well although he had a stroke a few years ago, I believe he lived near the Bellhouse club long ago, and yes u did have to be in early for these guys