Raspberry Ketone

I keep seeing adverts for Raspberry Ketone weight loss tablets & people raving about them.

Has anyone on here tried them and what are the 'honest' reviews??

What exactly are they meant to do? Does any of the literature include the specifics of that?

It's probably twaddle.

EDIT- OK, a cursory look at the research shows that it IS twaddle. Experiments in rats have shown that if you give a rat over 4000 times the proposed human dose then there's a statistical prevention of raised fat levels, but there's no evidence that it works at 1/4000 of the dose.

The stated benefits are those found for the rat experiments (and even they are tenuous) but the human doses are not shown to have any benefits at all, but you know the old statement about fools and their money...

Edited by medusa

Yet another example of absolute twaddle! There are no quick fixes or miracle pills for weight loss, in fact some are downright dangerous and can be fatal - see Sunday press - the latest victim was a young rugby player who died after taking a diet pill freely available on line. Medusa is right about the so called testing on theses drugs.

Successful weight loss is down to sensible, healthy eating & exercise!

Just in terms of an update, i ended up doing the free trail. DO NOT DO IT!! it says pay only the postage but, if you're like me and don't read T&C's you fail to notice that if you dont cancel the free trail after 14 days they then take more money out of your bank. First it was £89, then £96, then £95, then £95.95. oh and don't let me forget to tell you that they supply no telephone number or address for you to be able to cancel!! Luckily for me Lloyds Bank Dispute team were ace and apart from the initial £89, i got it all back.

Just don't go there!!

You live & learn but i'd rather others learn from my mistakes then make the same ones.

I'm a biochemist by training and there are a lot of nutritional products that appear to be absolute nonsense to me. Rasbperry ketone is a pretty innocuous-looking molecule and quite a few clinical studies have been unable to find evidence that it does anything at all. One even found that it encouraged weight gain in mice! What rasberry ketone is, is very expensive to produce in large quantities and that's about it. In my opinion it's just another way the supplements industry has found to get people to part with money for old rope.

When it comes to supplements, as in life, if it sounds too good to be true then it almost certainly is.

I'm a biochemist by training and there are a lot of nutritional products that appear to be absolute nonsense to me. Rasbperry ketone is a pretty innocuous-looking molecule and quite a few clinical studies have been unable to find evidence that it does anything at all. One even found that it encouraged weight gain in mice! What rasberry ketone is, is very expensive to produce in large quantities and that's about it. In my opinion it's just another way the supplements industry has found to get people to part with money for old rope.

When it comes to supplements, as in life, if it sounds too good to be true then it almost certainly is.

Our thoughts exactly!!!!!!!!!

As a qualified personal trainer and nutritionist who currently works in GP surgeries across the south east of Sheffield, I really cannot stress enough to NOT do Raspberry Ketones and other things such as Juice Plusor Herbalife!

Firstly, it's a pyramid selling, network marketing scheme! The "reps" often have no fitness or nutritional backgrounds and come from any walks of life! They do a little "in house training" and it suddenly makes them a wellness expert!

People often lose weight whilst doing them, but most weight loss is due to water loss, or muscle tissue loss, due to putting your body into a catabolic state, and it messing with your metabolism, essentially making it harder for you to lose weight in the long run and make it sustainable!

As others have alluded too, it's all about eating clean and exercising to get a negative calorie deficit to lose weight safely at a sustainable rate and more importantly keep it off. Hope the info helps, but once again don't waste your money on quick fixes such as juice plus, herbalife, bodybyvi, these wraps and any other pyramid selling network marketing scheme!

As a qualified personal trainer and nutritionist who currently works in GP surgeries across the south east of Sheffield, I really cannot stress enough to NOT do Raspberry Ketones and other things such as Juice Plusor Herbalife!

Firstly, it's a pyramid selling, network marketing scheme! The "reps" often have no fitness or nutritional backgrounds and come from any walks of life! They do a little "in house training" and it suddenly makes them a wellness expert!

People often lose weight whilst doing them, but most weight loss is due to water loss, or muscle tissue loss, due to putting your body into a catabolic state, and it messing with your metabolism, essentially making it harder for you to lose weight in the long run and make it sustainable!

As others have alluded too, it's all about eating clean and exercising to get a negative calorie deficit to lose weight safely at a sustainable rate and more importantly keep it off. Hope the info helps, but once again don't waste your money on quick fixes such as juice plus, herbalife, bodybyvi, these wraps and any other pyramid selling network marketing scheme!

Have you come across anyone who's had negative side effects from this? Has anyone here?

Have you come across anyone who's had negative side effects from this? Has anyone here?

I know many who have fallen for this have seen the pounds...

literally flying out of their wallets...

This product is going to be featured on next weeks Watchdog - should be interesting!!!!!!!!!