TV aerial connector broken - help please!

Hi Just wondering if anyone can help:

I have a Samgsung TV (50" PLASMA TV PS50B430P2W). It is about 3 years old and is wall mounted. It is out of warranty. I have been watching TV with an outdoor aerial - no SKY or other TV boxes.

Recently aerial connector on the back of the TV has snapped, and I can't get TV signal. The connector itself (the metal bit attached to the back of the TV) was slightly broken and about to come out from the back of the TV. Aerial cable is fine, and also TV itself is fine as I can play DVDs through a blu-ray player.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem. I rang a TV repair shop and I was said that it would be #50 for an engineer to just come out and see the problem!

Any ideas would be appreciated.

I know it already has freeview, but...buy a cheap freeview box and connect it via the scart socket or hdmi, whichever the freeview box has...problem solved.

Thank you for your reply. Is there any places in Sheffield doing this kind of repair cheaply, if the cost is the same as buying a freeview box and cable?

Thanks

I know it already has freeview, but...buy a cheap freeview box and connect it via the scart socket or hdmi, whichever the freeview box has...problem solved.

I cant think of anywhere that will be as cheap as buying a freeview box from Argos for under £20.

Either :

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5322611.htm

or

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5322226.htm

Both in stock :thumbsup:

Edited by Ghostrider

I thought I could pay for someone #3-40 to come to my house to fix it (as the TV heavy) - or I could bring it to the person if required. This is because I don't have a suitable space to put a freeview box.

I cant think of anywhere that will be as cheap as buying a freeview box from Argos for under £20.

---------- Post added 17-09-2013 at 14:56 ----------

Any TV repair man in Hillsborough Area?

I thought I could pay for someone #3-40 to come to my house to fix it (as the TV heavy) - or I could bring it to the person if required. This is because I don't have a suitable space to put a freeview box.