Neighbour with trees right against my house

My neighbour parks their car less than a metre from my open lounge window, can i ask them not to park there? He parks there everyday much to my annoyance.

After all fumes and pollution are a health risk.

I also have a neighbour on the opposite side who had a huge extension built which is an eyesore, so i planted some trees to shield the monstrosity can i claim form him for the cost of the trees.

I think its more to do with roots damaging his property in the future,rather than an eyesore.(I have been in a property that needed underpinning before,and the main cause was the roots from the gigantic tree in front of the house)

And I don't think your attitude is very constructive either!

Edited by SqueakyPete

I think its more to do with roots damaging his property in the future,rather than an eyesore.(I have been in a property that needed underpinning before,and the main cause was the roots from the gigantic tree in front of the house)

And I don't think your attitude is very constructive either!

My point was simple - the extension could be an eyesore to the tree planter. It's their garden,there are no council restrictions on tree planting as far as i know.

It wasn't intended to be constructive it was intended to illustrate the possible differences of opinion between two home owners.

Why should one owner have to restrict their personal enjoyment ad personal space to please someone else.

If the trees cause problems claim on the insurances.

My point was simple - the extension could be an eyesore to the tree planter. It's their garden,there are no council restrictions on tree planting as far as i know.

It wasn't intended to be constructive it was intended to illustrate the possible differences of opinion between two home owners.

Why should one owner have to restrict their personal enjoyment ad personal space to please someone else.

If the trees cause problems claim on the insurances.

Im sorry,but the two are not comparable.

As for council restrictions,I wouldn't be surprised if their was restrictions on planting certain trees near houses/extensions.

Its all very well ignorantly saying "its my garden,I will plant a tree where ever I please in my garden"

Who's responsible for the roots when they come through my garden?

Who's insurance should pay for structural damage to my home?

I don't think I would be happy paying a higher premium out in this scenario.

Edited by ccit

This link shows the advisable distances for trees near buildings= http://www.subsidencebureau.com/subsidence_trees.htm

Find out what tree it is and check if is is planted too close, if it is I would print off a copy of the link and make out you are in touch with the subsidence bureau regarding this matter and it may shock him into listening.

If the trees was there before you decided to build the extension then it could be said if there was any future problems with roots that perhaps you should have considered having the extension knowing there was a potential problem with next doors trees.

It's a case of which came first the chicken or the egg?

I had an extension and I know the chuff next would plant conifers up to it straight afterwards so I went deeper and wider with the footings up to the party line. 1 metre deep down to rock and 700mm wide reinforced. Even an oak tree would have a job shifting that foundation.

My neighbour parks their car less than a metre from my open lounge window, can i ask them not to park there? He parks there everyday much to my annoyance.

After all fumes and pollution are a health risk.

I also have a neighbour on the opposite side who had a huge extension built which is an eyesore, so i planted some trees to shield the monstrosity can i claim form him for the cost of the trees.

No.

But he can claim from you if your trees damage his property

As for council restrictions,I wouldn't be surprised if their was restrictions on planting certain trees near houses/extensions.

Its all very well ignorantly saying "its my garden,I will plant a tree where ever I please in my garden"

Who's responsible for the roots when they come through my garden?

Who's insurance should pay for structural damage to my home?

I don't think I would be happy paying a higher premium out in this scenario.

Yes, esp. fast-growing bushes and hedges. Some will even need planing permission.