Missing cat, Meersbrook/Heeley. Old and Blind

BTW she looks alot like a cat we refer to as "stalker cat" as she follows us around... She also knows the sound of my keys, so dont think its yours.

Does she go out alot or is this a rare thing?

BTW she looks alot like a cat we refer to as "stalker cat" as she follows us around... She also knows the sound of my keys, so dont think its yours.

Does she go out alot or is this a rare thing?

Well she does follow outlines of people and she can feel you stamp your feet near her.....

Don't know if this will work or not for cats, but try putting a box in your garden with her favorite blanket in it or a piece of clothing that you've worn. Maybe the familiar smell will draw her back home. Put out a bowl of her favorite tasty food too. Definitely worth contacting all the local vets cos if she is old, collarless & chipless & found disorientated, most likely she will be taken to a vet. Also, ring & register her details with the RSPCA, Sheffield Cats Shelter, and Cats Protection. Lots of old cats are mistaken for poorly strays, so call & ask them to add her to their lost cat register AND get them to check the Admission Inquiries request file for stray cats that they have had recently (sometimes staff forget to cross reference the two).

Hope you find her soon :(

Edited by spats

If you make up a poster for lamp posts etc we will gladly print some for you and laminate them.

I know cross posting isnt really allowed, but cant this be put in the Pet Section too? Theres some fantastic, helpful people that often stick to that section, and this cat needs to be found asap.

Cross posted:

http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1225081

Well she does follow outlines of people and she can feel you stamp your feet near her.....

I'll still keep my eyes open

I know your cat very well and used to spend a while giving her some affection whilst delivering newspapers. (around 12 years ago) I live round the corner and will of course keep an eye out on my travels around the area. Good luck in finding her.

I saw a very similar looking cat last night in the carpark for asda on queens road. Might be worth a look.

If you make up a poster for lamp posts etc we will gladly print some for you and laminate them.

Thank you so much that is very kind of you. We will work on a poster tonight.

---------- Post added 17-09-2013 at 17:03 ----------

I know your cat very well and used to spend a while giving her some affection whilst delivering newspapers. (around 12 years ago) I live round the corner and will of course keep an eye out on my travels around the area. Good luck in finding her.

That's so lovely to hear. She's very friendly when she has the energy. Thank you for offering to keep an eye out for her it means a lot.

---------- Post added 17-09-2013 at 17:03 ----------

I saw a very similar looking cat last night in the carpark for asda on queens road. Might be worth a look.

I doubt she would have made it that far but you never know so I will check this out. Thank you.

---------- Post added 17-09-2013 at 17:05 ----------

Don't know if this will work or not for cats, but try putting a box in your garden with her favorite blanket in it or a piece of clothing that you've worn. Maybe the familiar smell will draw her back home. Put out a bowl of her favorite tasty food too. Definitely worth contacting all the local vets cos if she is old, collarless & chipless & found disorientated, most likely she will be taken to a vet. Also, ring & register her details with the RSPCA, Sheffield Cats Shelter, and Cats Protection. Lots of old cats are mistaken for poorly strays, so call & ask them to add her to their lost cat register AND get them to check the Admission Inquiries request file for stray cats that they have had recently (sometimes staff forget to cross reference the two).

Hope you find her soon :(

Thank you for all of those tips and I will certainly work on them as I hadn't thought to contact a vet. She is registered at highfield vets and due to go there next week for more medication and a check up :(

---------- Post added 17-09-2013 at 17:11 ----------

Thank you everyone for your help and concern so far. She hasn't turned up yet but I'm still hopeful. Even if you think you have seen an injured cat I would rather know her fate than be left wondering if she is somewhere helpless.

I want to make sure people dont miss seeing this.

My partner walks along queens road on his way home from work and being keeping an eye open for your cat.