Leaving thing behind in taxi

I remember a number of years ago my mate caught a taxi from the Centertainment and left his Sheffield Steelers shirt in it.

The following week I got a taxi from the same place. As usual I was having a chat with the driver and mentioned I was into the ice hockey. At which point he said that a customer of his had left a hockey shirt in his taxi the previous week. I told him about my friend and he bent down under the seat and pulled out the shirt....I couldn't believe it!!

Since then my mate has lost it again along with a few other Steelers shirts. I often joke that there are loads of young kids walking around Darnall and Tinsley dressed in Steelers shirts. :hihi:

Regards

Doom

Thanks for all your interest in this thread but no result on the camera.

To who it may concern once again

PLEASE ENJOY THE CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for all your interest in this thread but no result on the camera.

To who it may concern once again

PLEASE ENJOY THE CAMERA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Which company was it?

Which company was it?

Would not name company but my point is

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN GETING OUT OF TAXI'S

Because it seems all the driver has to say is " did not see /find it" and you have not got a leg to stand on.

Would not name company but my point is

PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHEN GETING OUT OF TAXI'S

Because it seems all the driver has to say is " did not see /find it" and you have not got a leg to stand on.

You can PM me :)

You can PM me :)

I thank you for your interest but were would that get me.

Still it might be worth ringing the company as there are decent and genuine taxi drivers too.

Recently I took a taxi late at night and put my full bag on the floor next to my legs. My camera dropped out of my bag, unknown to me, and I discovered this the next morning. So I rang the company and heard the driver had found my camera and took it to their office.

I thank you for your interest but were would that get me.

You won't know until you tell me :D

Still it might be worth ringing the company as there are decent and genuine taxi drivers too.

Recently I took a taxi late at night and put my full bag on the floor next to my legs. My camera dropped out of my bag, unknown to me, and I discovered this the next morning. So I rang the company and heard the driver had found my camera and took it to their office.

:thumbsup:

Couple of years ago I left a camera in a taxi after a wedding and an hour later the taxi driver was at the door with it. Wife once left her handbag in a taxi and that too was brought back. There are some good uns.

City Taxi's by any chance ?????

You beat me to it !!!

Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and they care not a jot about their customers safety or well being.

Edited by Daven

I'm sure not all taxi drivers are dishonest.

Surely his next fare would have seen it and might not have handed it over.

You beat me to it !!!

Wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them and they care not a jot about their customers safety or well being.

Reminds me of Mrs Be-done-by-as-you-did.

How about Mrs Do-as-you-would be done-by?

Edited by Gleadly

My grandsons pattner left her phone in the taxi after a wedding she realised as soon as she got out of the taxi and phoned up that was never found either. She had taken lots of wedding photos with it and was more upset at loosing them than the phone. There are some honest taxi drivers but some very dishonest ones as well.

Edited by SILLY