Bardney pike fishing

I'm thinking of going pike fishing at the above venue in 2 weeks time. Can you buy day tickets on the bank side, or do I have to book in advance?

Are there any baits or methods banned?

it's a while since i fished at bardney but i shouldn't imagine you'd have to book in advance, just turn up and if required, buy a day ticket. there may be a ban on using live

baits.

Bardney & bardney lock used to belong to Scunthorpe Pisces . No day tickets but would check to see if they still own it.

i've been on the pisces website and on their list of waters is 'upper witham' but it doesn't

state which stretch(es). i believe some of their waters are day ticket so you could turn up at bardney and if it is permit only there are other waters in the area such as the fossdyke.

I think it may still be controlled by Scunthorpe Pisces but to make sure I would give Shortferry Angling a call they should know, the number used to be 01526 399998 if this is wrong it shouldn't be too difficult to find.

Thank you for your answers. I've called Shortferry angling & they seem to think it's Lincoln angling club water. They also said that nobody comes & checks for tickets, so I'll just wing it.

---------- Post added 01-10-2013 at 19:24 ----------

Had a pretty decent day; 1 10lb'er, 1 6lb'er & 3 jacks. All of the banks were overgrown around Bardney, so I ended up fishing off the boat pontoon (illegal). Walked up to the lock & found the same problem, so ended up fishing the Old Witham, which is Scunthorpe pisces water.