To the lady who's car i tried to get in

I was once staying with a friend, arrived back at the house quite late and spent a few minutes trying to get the newly cut key to work, but to no avail. It was then I realised the door looked a little different and I I had gone to the next street along by mistake.

I've done that too when i stayed at my aunties house :blush: except someone opened the door and asked me what the hell i was doing trying to get into their house!

Apart from being able to apologise to her so she knew that you weren't trying to carjack her (complete with dog) I wouldn't fret about it too much.

My OH tried to get into someone else's car in the supermarket car park the other day and looked quite peeved that the door was locked. I waited until he leaned down to look at 'me' and knock on the glass to roll my window down and ask why he was trying to get in someone else's car. The woman in the other car wasn't too impressed initially but his blushes and apologies made her see the funny side :)

Been there, done that.

Im just happy its not only me that does things like that!

My parents got woken up one night by the sounds of someone trying to open the door. Dad duly armed himself with a baseball bat, went downstairs and they had gone. He phoned 101 as to his mind it was an attempted entry/burglary and he wanted to warn the rozzers that someone was prowling around.

When we looked in the morning, it was as if the zombie apocalypse had started on our front door step. For some reason, whoever had tried to get in, had muddy hand prints and the door was covered in hand prints 'clawing' at the door.

A policewoman came around later and apparently they had found the fella after my dad rang. He had read the numbers wrong and thought it was his house and he thought his wife had locked him out because he had come home past the time they had agreed and thought he was in trouble :) No explanation for the mud though....

I was once sat watching telly when a random angry woman burst in, marched to the stairs and started screaming at someone to 'get down here! NOW!!!' Before she finally saw me and my sister sat there in our dressing gowns. She didn't even say anything, she just walked out! Never saw her again.

I was sat waiting for the OH in Tesco's supermarket car park on Infirmary Road reading the newspaper as I normally do, (I hate shopping) When a woman got into the passenger seat, closed the dooor, took one look at me and proceeded to scream her lungs out yelling for me to get out of the car as I wasnt her husband....Her embarresment was apparent when I finally got her to understand that she had got into an Identical car in the car park ....Amusing now but not at the time.

You weren't tempted to get out and lock the doors :hihi:

This thread has had me howling. I love Sheffielders, proper sense of humour! The queue in the Post Office one is my fave!

This thread has had me howling. I love Sheffielders, proper sense of humour! The queue in the Post Office one is my fave!

There's some corkers on this thread, it's certainly put a smile on my face.

Regards

Doom

Some years ago I had a little red Morris 1100 and parked in the old car park on Tudor Square whilst I went to pick up my Sister from work. We were going to a family do along with my ex Brother in law and when we got in the car and I started the engine the ex B-I-L asked when I had got the nice leather jacket on the back seat. It was then that I realised that as I hadnt got a leather jacket that we were in the wrong car. Mine was 4 cars up but looked exactly the same and even the keys fitted. Needless to say we beat a hastly retreat in the proper car. My Sister still likes to remind me ocationally!

herries rd tonight. 7:25pm. silver Renault scenic. I apologise wholeheartedly to the woman who I tried to open her boot at the traffic lights. my mrs was on her way to pick me up from the pub and we agreed i'd meet her walking up herries rd. I had the dog with me. right on cue a woman exact same height/hair/build, exact same car stopped at lights. I looked her in the eyes then tried to open boot to put dog in. when she screamed I realised this isn't my car and quickly scurried off. sorry!! my bad!!!

Love it.:hihi:

My best friend was not from sheffield, she moved here for uni a few years ago and ended up staying. However as she still visited home regularly, she stayed registered with her dentist back home and just booked appointments for when she was visiting.

One day, on one of these visits she was due at the dentist. she pulled up outside, got out the car whilst typing a text on her phone. She walked up the path to the dentist, past a sign in the pathway. Walked in, a young lad was coming down the stairs, looked at her, said hello and walked off down the hallway. Se couldn't see the reception in front of her, but thought they must have had a move round.

She turned left into the 'waiting room' took a seat on a rather fancy waiting room sofa, and picked a magazine up off the coffee table in the middle. It was only when she looked up that she saw a little girl sat on the floor engrossed in her colouring, and a television on in the corner playing cartoons, that she realised she wasn't in the dentist!!!!!!

Being distracted by her phone when she got out the car, she'd actually walked down the path next door to the dentist and just walked right into someone's house and made herself at home!!!!!!! The sign she had passed was a for sale sign, so I can only assume the kids thought she was a potential viewer and that's why they didn't say anything!!!

Being the ditzy lass she is, she just said oooops sorry, I meant to go in the dentist, got up and walked out!!!!!!

Edited by linzday

My mum's done it a few times. It doesn't have to be the same car, just the same colour.

She once got into the neighbours car (he was sat waiting for his wife to lock up the house) she's never lived that one down. So funny :hihi: