Rother at Treeton query

Hi

a friend of mine has never river fished and have heard that the Rother is accessible behind Treeton Dyke and has decent banks. I would like to take him and show him rigs etc. Is this correct and on what road do you park. Is it day ticket or free and most importantly are there any fishies in that stretch?

Thanks

It's a nice looking stretch but I *think* it's owned by a club.

Catcliffe, Brinsworth and Treeton Anglers Alliance have control of a mile of river at Catcliffe, and believe me it produces some very good fish—big perch—the best up to now being a 4 pounder taken by Mick Kitchin in a match when he had eight perch for 21½ lbs, there are also some very good chub—up to 7½ pounds, with a few 2lb roach; some very good barble, up to 12lb taken by Brian Slack, carp, up to 20lbs taken by Dave Tomlinson and pike, gudgeon, also trout up to 4½ pounds. With bags of small roach, dace and chublet.

There are 50 platforms, 23 of these are 4 foot wide and 5 foot long. They are made from recycled plastic and have a ten year guarantee which cost £5,000 awarded from the Catcliffe and Brinsworth Partnership Community Chest for which we are very thankful.

Outside club matches can be booked by contacting Us:

Secretary: Clive Nuttall

1 Church Lane, Catcliffe, Rotherham, S60 5TP

Phone: 07774 884946

Email

Plenty of info on here: http://www.treetonweb.co.uk/parish/fishing.htm

Think day tickets are available.

Hi

I'm a member and can vouch for what a smashing little river this is :thumbsup:

My lad fished it a few weeks ago and had several Barbel up to 10lb5oz ;)

Cheers, Biggsy :)

I'm pretty sure you can fish the Rother just behind Treeton Dyke, and it is free, but you've got a bit of a hike with the tackle. The nearest you can park is next to the railway footbridge, then you need to cross the bridge and walk to the river.

Catcliffe now have the fishing rights from Catcliffe to Woodhouse Mill

Always wondered what it was like on there might have a blast at the weekend if it's day ticket

Catcliffe now have the fishing rights from Catcliffe to Woodhouse Mill
Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe, for most of the length (including behind Treeton Dyke) they only have the fishing rights on one bank. Please don't take this as gospel - I am not sure.