Calendar v Look North

Hey, which local news broadcaster do you prefer nowadays?

I think both are very good in different areas. Calendar probably offers more relevant things for Sheffield while Look North does more news sections on location like fairs and events etc...

I think presenters on both shows are very good, though I do prefer the banter on ITV, BBC looks a bit forced at times.

Edited by BEDROCK

I think both of them should stick to local news which doesn't get a mention on the national news. take for example the terrible shooting in Turkey, it was on the national news then on both Calendar and Look North which may of fleshed it out a bit more but didn't really add any new insights. Also the human interest or good news stories get far too much air time, little [whatever] battling with cancer and people are raising money to get them a holiday of a lifetime or ttreatment, not really news in my opinion.

I cannot wait till the Sheffield regional TV station gets aired from the people who run Sheffield Live radio station.

Both have cringeworthy,amateurish naff presenters,particularly those on the outside broadcasts.Dreadful.

I cannot wait till the Sheffield regional TV station gets aired from the people who run Sheffield Live radio station.

Tell us more bedders :huh:

Look North's dedication to sending Harry to watch his favourite sports teams is a shining example to what local news should be all about.

Whats with the new Calendar? They seem to be presenting it now perched on a desk, from some sort of broom cupboard.

Can't understand why Paul Hudson gets the weather forecast for the next day wrong,when the countryfile forecast for the week a head gets it right, why doesn't just just watch countryfile and copy their forecast,:hihi: plus at the same time he might get some fresh air to put some colour in his pasty face.:huh:

Calendar definitely