Agency care work without experience

Hi all

Can anyone recommend any agencies that could offer care work, in nursing homes/hospitals without experience.

I am struggling to get a permanent entry level post in the NHS and wanted to see if I could obtain some experience through temporary work first.

Voluntary work I have considered and done some in the past however this does not count as formal care experience unfortunately.

I am 30 years old and can't afford to simply go back to college on an apprenticeship etc - don't mind doing the most basic work if it means getting where I want to be.!

Would very much appreciate help and/or advice

Thank you

You don't need to use agencies, many residential, emi and nursing homes take on staff. They also offer plenty of in house training too x

There's a thread titled "Direct Care Company" (sorry can't do links) that you'll find useful. Some agencies will employ practically anyone as their staff turnover is, with good reason high. The same can be true of care homes. Good luck.

Thank you both. I will have a look..

My long term plan is to study to become a nurse, so anything that will set me on the right path to start with will be of help :)