Zero hour contracts at Bassetts

The government are planning to stop these contracts

Not this government, at least not unless the real scale of them is revealed. The government are still sticking to the line that there are only 250,000 of them in the whole country which just isn't credible when Macdonalds alone has 83,000.

]In future Labour run councils should only allow companies to locate if they employ people on a proper basis.

So goodbye Bassets, McDonalds, Dominoes Pizza, Boots, Cineworld, Sports Direct, Odeon (4 hour contracts), J D Wetherspoon, Subway, Burger King not to mention the NHS.

What's the matter, has the council not f***ed up the city centre enough for you already?

For crying out loud, even Buckingham Palace uses them.

I'm no fan of these contracts but as a freelancer, I don't even get a contract. All this may be new to some people but I've spent the last 10 years effectively on a zero hour contract.

Oh, and by the way

Camden Council accused of hypocrisy over zero-hour contracts

The leader of Camden’s Conservative opposition has branded Labour cabinet members “hypocritical” for hiring carers on zero-hours contracts while the council has called on the government to ban the practice.

The carers will be paid less than the London Living Wage, a salary calculated on the basis of the cost of living in the capital, despite the authority being an accredited Living Wage council.

LINK

Cameron loves zero hours contracts they help to get the jobless figures down and make it look like people are in employment even if they are not getting any work.

I don't know why people work for Bassets, then again who am I to speak, it takes allsorts doesn't it.:hihi:

Hahaha! How did everyone miss this..

Surely if you're not happy with the terms of any contract you don't have to sign it? Also, as with any job, if you're not happy with the terms of employment you have the right to serve notice and find alternative employment.

Zero Hours Contracts have been around for years and will still be around in years to come.

Unless I am mistaken, having a zero hour contract means you get full benefits as you are contracted less than 16 hours a week? So people are still getting money coming in even if they don't get a chance of a shift that week?

Unless I am mistaken, having a zero hour contract means you get full benefits as you are contracted less than 16 hours a week? So people are still getting money coming in even if they don't get a chance of a shift that week?

Afraid you're mistaken. the rules on assessment of income are different for each benefit but each of the benefits that could apply here are dependent on the amount of actual income in the assessment period (as well as the hours of work in some cases).

Wondering if anyone is getting messed about by Bassetts at the new Oreo factory, I know someone who has signed off and turned down another job offer and isn't getting the three days a week that the job centre/club said they should.

yes mate i have i did it though jobcentre guaranteed 24 hrs i wasnt getting 8 so ive had to sign back on dole

Hahaha! How did everyone miss this..

It wasn't missed it was wilfully ignored by an unimpressed forum community.

another factor is 'zero hours contracts' saga is just becasue employers have relaised they can save the moneuy they previously paid as commission to agencies ...