Zero hour contracts at Bassetts

Wondering if anyone is getting messed about by Bassetts at the new Oreo factory, I know someone who has signed off and turned down another job offer and isn't getting the three days a week that the job centre/club said they should.

Unfortunately these zero hour contracts just to allow the company yo use and abuse you ad they like and nothing can be done. The government are planning to stop these contracts

Mcdonalds do the same - my ex was told 38 hours, and now she's on a zero hours contract..

The government are planning to stop these contracts

You mean the Labour part are planning to stop them, or rather regulate them so that people aren't doing them against their will.

Defenders of zero hours contracts say that they suit some people, and I'm sure they do, but they don't suit many other people but they're having to doo them anyway.

I don't know why people work for Bassets, then again who am I to speak, it takes allsorts doesn't it.:hihi:

There is a good debate right now on the parliament channel on the subject of zero hour contracts; some very good arguments and points being made from the labour benches.

You mean the Labour part are planning to stop them, or rather regulate them so that people aren't doing them against their will.

Don't you mean Labour are making noise about stopping/regulating them, but what happens if/when they get into power is another thing???

Labour are only making noises about zero hour contracts now they are the opposition.

Ask anyone in the care industry, a zero hour contract with no certainty of work is hardly a new thing.

Quick question.

How will the bank look at these 0 hour contracts when trying to get a mortgage ?

Zero hour contracts are nothing new are they. In the world of healthcare arn't people that work these sort of contracts traditionally know as bank workers.

Labour are only making noises about zero hour contracts now they are the opposition.

Ask anyone in the care industry, a zero hour contract with no certainty of work is hardly a new thing.

They're not new but there use and abuse is becoming more widespread.

Because of the fact that there is a tory priminister who listens to the likes of Adrian Beecroft, and because it seems unlikely that Labour are going to win the next election, employers sense that the winds of employment law are beginning to blow a different direction, and in their favour, and so they are starting to show their true colours.

In future Labour run councils should only allow companies to locate unless they employ people on a proper basis.

Edited by 1heckofaguy

They could be regulated.

Must eb a nightmare to have to sign on again and then off. Dount they realise how mucch chaos that would cause.