Is weir up to the job

At the end of the day your chairman has picked a manager with no previous managerial experience and it would be highly unfair to sack the bloke after a handful of games, if he does get the boot you should hope that the shareholder with the other 50% gets to pick the man for the job as McCabe clearly has'nt a clue (Robson).

Premature,this guys only been in charge for a handfull of games,id leave him in post while the seasons up :hihi:

If our back 4 weren't as slow as a limbless tortoise maybe the midfield and the lone striker may get a bit of help. The defence need to push up in support, but with no pace that leaves you vulnerable. It's not just a striker problem.

Easy remedy, just get one of the Kyles and Lowton back. :D

I agree,it's not just a striker problem,but Porter gives no threat at all to keepers and defenders.I would even consider bringing Wayne Allison back from retirement,if it meant a straight swap lol:P

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 14:50 ----------

I remember the great team we had then very well, far eclipsed anything at the lane.

warnocks well past his best.

They can't have been that great,if they got relegated.

Its a tricky one. He could turn out to be the best thing since sliced bread. Or he could relegate the club.

Remember the thread on Blades v Notts County when all the blades were talking what great footy they played,told them then to wait till they played better teams with 11 men,it shows Weir has a difficult job at the Lane but talking about him going after 6 or 7 games is a bit premature.

Remember the thread on Blades v Notts County when all the blades were talking what great footy they played,told them then to wait till they played better teams with 11 men,it shows Weir has a difficult job at the Lane but talking about him going after 6 or 7 games is a bit premature.

At that point though, there was no indication that McDonald would depart - and that all of Weir's plans appear to have revolved around McDonald being in the side.

This is his great weakness so far, he only appears to have had one way to play, and it needed a specific player in it to make it work - and he's left now. If he doesn't a) change the system/style or b) change the personnel, we'll be struggling all season - or until his departure.

As the RS presenter said last night, we're just too predictable and the tempo is too slow currently.

At that point though, there was no indication that McDonald would depart - and that all of Weir's plans appear to have revolved around McDonald being in the side.

This is his great weakness so far, he only appears to have had one way to play, and it needed a specific player in it to make it work - and he's left now. If he doesn't a) change the system/style or b) change the personnel, we'll be struggling all season - or until his departure.

As the RS presenter said last night, we're just too predictable and the tempo is too slow currently.

That's the problem though, Weir doesn't have plans, he has one plan that involves attempting to get 3rd division players to play like Barcelona at half speed. Personally I don't think McDonald would have made much difference, he could be good but he'd also have the same problem our current midfielders have and that's no attacking options to pass to. I think yesterday may have been the point of no return for Weir, it's no longer whether he can turn it around, it's just how many games has he got left.

---------- Post added 15-09-2013 at 17:13 ----------

At the end of the day your chairman has picked a manager with no previous managerial experience and it would be highly unfair to sack the bloke after a handful of games, if he does get the boot you should hope that the shareholder with the other 50% gets to pick the man for the job as McCabe clearly has'nt a clue (Robson).

You wouldn't think it unfair if you'd sat through the boring rubbish he's served up!

To be fair to McCabe he didn't pick Weir. He delegated it to Julian Winter, one of his sons, and some other guy whose name I've forgotten. Unbelievably they've managed to pick a worse Manager than him!!! I certainly do hope the Prince picks the next one.

I certainly do hope the Prince picks the next one.

sure about that? he didnt even know what division you were in when he jumped on board :suspect:

sure about that? he didnt even know what division you were in when he jumped on board :suspect:

He can't do any worse. Can he??????:|

Get shut now before the rot sets in:rant:

Give him time . Avoid relegation this year then next season you watch us go .

Hope the board believes in his plan as I do .