Sheffield Half Marathon

Good luck all - I will at around 12 1/2 miles - shouting at my athlete - who wants to do under 2 hrs - which will be close...

Been wanting to do this for years, got a few ITB issues but wont let that stop me, hoping the weather will keep ok

sounds amazing, but I need more training before I go for 12 Miles.

Weather condition for tommorow is light rain until evening. So good luck to every runner !!

On behalf of the British Heart Foundation, I would like to wish all the 'Heart Runners' and rest of the runners very best of luck.

The BHF's Sheffield Branch together with some of its wider supporters will be setting up camp on Brightside Lane tomorrow to cheer on Heart Runners participating in the Sheffield Half Marathon 2014! You are most welcome if you are interested in joining us tomorrow to cheer on our local runners who are raising funds for life-changing heart research

Cheers

Does anyone know if we will get chip times for the race after it was 'cancelled'?

yes, it seems times will have been recorded and will be posted on their website at some point

I dont think there is official timing. It was officially cancelled and total caotic scene....I have run in many other cities (B'ham, Liverpool, Gret North Run, Manchester etc etc) and I would rate this year's Sheffield Half Marathon is the worst in terms of almost everything.

Most of the runners were really disapointed and the organisers failed to keep the runners informed the situation. No public announcement whatsoever....it was total pathetic situation....

Organisers must appologise and refund the money back fully to the runners.....I do not think they will be able to attract half the runners next year.

my respect goes to the amazing people who bought water using their own money and distributing to the runners....

Cool! I was overtaken on the line by the roman gladiator who started just in front of me. Maybe on the chip time I still managed to squeak in just ahead...

cut and paste from BBC website, 'The organisers later said those who crossed the finish line with their race number would have been timed and there would be a list provided of all the finishers along with their times'.

Hope this helps

I dont think there is official timing. It was officially cancelled and total caotic scene....I have run in many other cities (B'ham, Liverpool, Gret North Run, Manchester etc etc) and I would rate this year's Sheffield Half Marathon is the worst in terms of almost everything.

Most of the runners were really disapointed and the organisers failed to keep the runners informed the situation. No public announcement whatsoever....it was total pathetic situation....

Organisers must appologise and refund the money back fully to the runners.....I do not think they will be able to attract half the runners next year.

my respect goes to the amazing people who bought water using their own money and distributing to the runners....

Totally agree. Organisation and communication to runners, was a shambles; and why didn't they have a contingency plan B incase the water supplier couldn't deliver?

Dispute all that, I enjoyed the run; the runners and people of Sheffield were awesome! Thanks! Also, thanks to the elite runners for deciding to start the race anyway. :)

I also heard Ponds Forge were asked to help with the water situation, but refused, is that correct, does anyone know?

On-line entries closing today, very poor choice of dates given Manchester/London marathons, relatively expensive entry and no stadium finish this year. Can't quite believe what is happening to this event!

From bad to worse....just heard the race organiser on the national news and I am astonished there was no immediate apology. Great to hear though the amazing people of Sheffield buying water from shops and handing it out to runners.

Edited by Lederhose