More bad news for Balls and Miliband as unemployment continues to fall

This must be the joke of the month, this joker recons he was here before King Harold lost the country at Hastings to William, the French Norseman. How come your family survived the Black Death? What was your secret? So you can trace your family tree over 50 generations can you?

I assume you are still scratching a living in the same thatched, smoke filled roundhouse, sharing the residence with various pigs and other quadrupeds, supping home made mead.

You deserve the full Bulls**t of the year award, and can anything you say ever be taken seriously from now on?

It sounds like a pretty realistic claim for anyone who can trace their family tree back through 5 or 6 generations of folk born in the UK. After the Battle of Hastings the population remained pretty much the same although blostered by a few hundred Normans who interbred with the folk who were already here. Similarly with the Black Death. It killed a part of the population who afterwards did not pass on their genes. Until 200 years ago a well traveled man had been to the next village.

I can trace my family tree back to the early 17th century, so its a pretty safe bet that the majority of my ancestors 1000 years ago were born in the UK.

Edited by Anna Glypta

Why are you being deliberately obtuse?

You've been in the dictionary again. You know it gives you headaches.

I'm British. Why should I leave? My family have been in this country for over a millennium.

The population of Britain should be no more than 3 million. That is what we need to aim for.

If we lowered the population of this country to 3 million then a lot of people whose descendants have been in this country for over a millennium would have to leave.

You last sentence is disgraceful and you should remove it and apologise. You lower the whole discussion in tone. What a vile thing to say.

.... in war all is fair.....

Someone who says that all is fair in war has no right to lecture others on lowering the tone. The Holocaust took place during wartime. I suppose you think it was fair.

Rubbish.

Less than 3% of the UK is built on.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-18623096

Back to the OP. The Telegraph, which gives more support to UKIP than any other paper, now realises UKIP is going to put Miliband in Downing Street.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/10309810/UKIP-surge-hammers-Tories-in-key-marginals-poll.html

Edited by LeMaquis