More bad news for Balls and Miliband as unemployment continues to fall

Cant one of you give some credit to the government? They have, despite all the critics, started to see some benefit from their efforts, all you do is carp complain, shout "fix". Call them idiots criminals, not one of you makes a positive contribution.

Pathetic.

Give credit to who ??? A load of charlatans who massage every figure they can play around with ?? All they have done is reduce the number of claimants, NOT create any employment opportunities.

I wont defend Balls and Milliband either, they are just Torys under another name. Mr Millibands leadership, I fear, is drawing to an end.

Just like this apology for a government.

I wish the unemployment figures would increase by at least four, i.e. The Cameroon, Osborne, Balls-up & Milimetre.

They could then perhaps pass the time by forming a sort of Punch & Judy show ? After all, they 've had plenty of practice at our expense.

Just read that on the BBC, which is what 7.7 from 7.8%. What is that in numbers? 24,000 it says ... big deal. It was up last month. Part-time jobs have increased.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-24045546

Unemployment has fallen from 7.8% to 7.7% over the last 3 months. It fell in the previous 3 months too.

Just to get things straight a fall from 7.8 to 7.7 represents a fall of 1.3%. That is over 3 months. So the number of people unemployed rate is currently falling at 5.2% per year. I'll settle for that. That is only a part of the story, because the rate of increase in private sector jobs is far higher as the public sector shrinks and folk arrive from overseas and take up employment here.

I know you don't like it but the recovery is well and truly on.

Figures are meaningless now, what about the millions on zero hours contracts yet are off the figures

Unemployment has been reduced by millions? What is it now, in the minus figures? :huh:

I would hazzard a guess that come 2015 the economy and people's prospects will look a whole lot rosier than they did in 2010.

I would hope so, but another global financial crisis could easily occur by then. Printing money as the U.S. is doing (the Fed has been buying $85 billion in U.S. Treasuries and mortgage-backed securities monthly since last September, on top of the various stages of Quantitative Easing). In a nutshell, they are buying U.S. debt (borrowing) with money created out of thin air, because no one else will buy U.S. debt.

"In Feb 2013, Fed Will Buy 75% Of New 30y Treasury Supply"

Now that doesn't come across as the workings of a healthy economy to me.

Remember all the hoo hah about raising the debt ceiling?

US Treasury to reach debt ceiling in mid-October [bBC News, 27 August 2013]

The reckoning for all this is still to come and when it happens, it will cripple the global economy.

Go and bore some one else......ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Not quite what you want to hear old bean? :hihi:

Cant one of you give some credit to the government? They have, despite all the critics, started to see some benefit from their efforts, all you do is carp complain, shout "fix". Call them idiots criminals, not one of you makes a positive contribution.

Pathetic.

Well, when you look at keeping kids at school until they pass their exams and consider all the other see-through cockamamie schemes governments have come up with over the years just to mask unemployment figures, why should they be given any credit?

Yes Miliband is about as convincing a potential PM as Stevie Wonder is an air traffic controller

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/politics/exclusive-half-of-labour-supporters-unhappy-with-ed-miliband-poll-reveals-8809067.html

Ed Miliband was rocked on the eve of the crucial party conference season today by an exclusive poll showing Labour’s lead crashing to just three points.

Ipsos MORI’s dramatic research reveals Labour has slipped three points from 40 per cent to 37 per cent since August, while David Cameron’s Conservatives are up four to 34 per cent.

Although Labour is just ahead, the lead is wafer-thin for an Opposition party in mid-term. It will increase concerns that the party is not gaining enough traction with voters.

Even worse for the embattled Mr Miliband, there are clear signs of disillusionment among Labour supporters.

For the first time since he became leader, over half of Labour supporters (52 per cent) are dissatisfied with the way he is doing his job, compared with 40 per cent who are satisfied.

The split compares badly with the Prime Minister’s solid rating among Conservative supporters of 71 per cent satisfied to 23 per cent dissatisfied.

It the worst rating for any Opposition leader by their own supporters since autumn 2003 when Iain Duncan Smith was ousted by the Tories as their leader.

Well, when you look at keeping kids at school until they pass their exams and consider all the other see-through cockamamie schemes governments have come up with over the years just to mask unemployment figures, why should they be given any credit?

If the figures had gone up by 24k would you have believed them? You'd have been happy that's for sure.

I believe them to honest. We've been proper busy in the last three months. Are we out of the woods yet? Only an idiot would say yes but the order books look pretty good up til Christmas. After that? Who knows, no politician does that's for sure.

Next year will be decisive. The eurozone badly needs to get its act together and become more competitive but there is little sign the EU elite get the scale of the problem. They could certainly bring us down with them if they don't sort their mess. The euro crisis hasn't gone away.

Still, even in a scenario where western economies are growing, bond yields will increase and our debt is still huge. It's a rocky road ahead from all angles and I wouldn't expect unemployment to fall as fast as these figures suggest.

I only hope we can keep Vince Cable in the treasury what ever the result in 2015, the country badly needs his insight.

People who want the economy to fail just so Labour can get back in and hand out freebies again, are sick in the head.

People who want the economy to fail just so Labour can get back in and hand out freebies again, are sick in the head.

What are you talking about ??????:loopy:

The eurozone badly needs to get its act together and become more competitive but there is little sign the EU elite get the scale of the problem. They could certainly bring us down with them if they don't sort their mess. The euro crisis hasn't gone away.

I think the Germans are well aware of what they've been doing to bail out Greece and others and are prepared to carry on doing it. As yet no country has left the euro. Germany and the EU have done what needed to be done and will carry on doing it. Merkel admitted recently that Greece should never have been allowed to join as a swipe at the SPD. She looks odds on to be re-elected.

---------- Post added 11-09-2013 at 23:02 ----------

.....are sick in the head.

And that's coming from the resident voice of reason.

Unemployment has fallen from 7.8% to 7.7% over the last 3 months. It fell in the previous 3 months too.

Just to get things straight a fall from 7.8 to 7.7 represents a fall of 1.3%. That is over 3 months. So the number of people unemployed rate is currently falling at 5.2% per year. I'll settle for that. That is only a part of the story, because the rate of increase in private sector jobs is far higher as the public sector shrinks and folk arrive from overseas and take up employment here.

I know you don't like it but the recovery is well and truly on.

I pretty sure it didn't fall for the previous 3 months because I seem remember it increasing. Sorry it was May http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/jobs/10058222/UK-unemployment-rises-as-wages-growth-slows.html. I think I was thinking about youth unemployment. Still, 24,000, maybe it'll go someway to recover the 70,000 rise in about February. Perhaps that's why they went to percentages this time, because it doesn't sound so bad.

Edited by Mecky