Crestwood Gardens, sheffield Lane Top ?

Hi

We are looking to move to the Sheffield area from the West Midlands due to anti social behaviour in the area we live in at the moment , could anyone tell us what Crestwood Gardens , Sheffield Lane Top is like as we dont want to make the same mistake twice.

Ta cazcov

Sheffield lane top is not what one would describe as one of the better areas of Sheffield but, as supposedly 'bad' areas of cities go, it certainly is not the worst. and there are areas of sheffield where I would not entertain living in. i'd say that lane top is about middling on the range of Heaven<=== >Hellholes

it's not as posh as some but it isn't as bad as to be called hellhole either. there's some beautiful old houses round there.

However... on a good note, that section you refer to isn't too bad, the pluses of living in S5 is that theres an okay shopping centre a few hundred yards away, and very good bus routes to the city and to Barnsley (which has a very good market) and good shopping at firth park, about 10 mins walk down the hill.

There's a couple of pubs which do live music...

if you have kids, there's a park or two in the area, Parson cross park and longley park about a five min walk, and firth park about a fifteen minute walk away(just the city centre side of the firth park shopping centre. If you like country walking, sheffoeld is right on the border of the peak district national park. you can do some fabulous walks through the most amazing, and stunning scenery. Nowhere in sheffield is more than about 20 minutes by car from the peak district.

Despite the rumours to the contrary, sheffield is one of the safest, and friendliest cities to live in. It's a lovely green city (lots of parks) and there's lots to do.

I take my little granddaughter to Endcliffe Park, or the beautiful Botanical gardens (nr the Hallamshire hospital) where she loves to feed the squirrels (who are as bold as brass, taking peanuts out of your hand.)

If you like football, then there are lots of football teams that y ou could support, there's the mighty blades, Sheffield United, in s2, and in s6 there's Sheffield wednesday, who, contrary to ythe rumous you may have heard are not a bank holiday LOL as well as Hallam FC, who can boast the oldest GROUND in the country... and there's sheffield FC who have the proud boast that they are the country's oldest TEAM I support the United, personally, (Me and my hubby are season ticket holders at "the Lane")

good luck on your move, cascov, hope you settle in quickly, and enjoy living in sheff! :D

PT

Originally posted by Plain Talker

Sheffield lane top is not what one would describe as one of the better areas of Sheffield

Sorry to be a little rude but, what a crock of s***.

That part of Lane Top is a nice area with nice people and friendly surroundings. The only bad parts of Lane Top would be Masters Rd (nowhere near Crestwood Gardens) which is more Parsons Cross than Lane Top, and Bowfield (again, nowhere near Crestwood Gardens) which is leaning towards Firth Park.

I lived on Swanbourne Rd (just up from Masters Rd) for 17 years, I turned out well :thumbsup:

I love the lane top im lookkin for a flat up there at the min the areas you wanna watch like gaz said is masters (more parson cross) as i lived on there and it was awfull good luck :)

Hi

I would like to thank everyone for your replies and we will definetley give crestwood some serious thought now , and PT thanks for all your information you were brill

ta

cazcov

My aunt has just moved from near there after 12 or so years and I used to live nearby myself. It's not a bad area, mainly young families and older people, it's close to shops and buses, local parks etc.

Being in S5 you won't have to pay stamp duty if you buy there.

And if you get stuck for your food shopping on Lane Top there's always the Netto :D

And no, I don't work there, although I did used to work in the Netto on South Road in Walkley from October 1996 to July 1997.

Originally posted by GazB

Sorry to be a little rude but, what a crock of s***.

That part of Lane Top is a nice area with nice people and friendly surroundings. The only bad parts of Lane Top would be Masters Rd (nowhere near Crestwood Gardens) which is more Parsons Cross than Lane Top, and Bowfield (again, nowhere near Crestwood Gardens) which is leaning towards Firth Park.

I lived on Swanbourne Rd (just up from Masters Rd) for 17 years, I turned out well :thumbsup:

If you read what I said properly, you would see that I was saying that

"Lane top is not Dore and Totley/ Fulwood",

BUT!!!!

as I said, (if you read the post instead of having a rant at me,)

I did actually say some very positive things about that area. I used the phrase Sheffield lane top is not what one would describe as one of the better areas of Sheffield but, as supposedly 'bad' areas of cities go, it certainly is not the worst. and there are areas of sheffield where I would not entertain living in. i'd say that lane top is about middling on the range of Heaven<=== >Hellholes

it's not as posh as some but it isn't as bad as to be called hellhole either. there's some beautiful old houses round there.

and please note, especially, this particular part of my comment:-

i'd say that lane top is about middling on the range of Heaven<=== >Hellholes

So, quite how this can be construed as "dissing" the area, I can only say that I am a bit puzzled.

please retract your rantings at me. ....either now or , er... now?

oh, and BTW:- the other district you referred to is called PARSON CROSS. There's only the one "S" in "Parson".

thank you.

P "doesn't talk a crock of s*" T

I currently live on Lindsay Avenue, Parsons cross.

Parsons cross is a very stable, quiet place to live (Ingelow rd, Deerlands ave etc)

I have lived in the s5 area all my life (15yrs) and i have had no problems what-so-ever.

I used to live on Hatfield house lane before i moved to lindsay.

I love living here and continue to stop here for all long as possible....

Thanks

Hope i have helped you