What is the area like in East Bank Road, Sheffield?

Bottom of Eastman is spot on kids even play on our street and no bother from them I would recommend bottom of east bank never been to top though

my 22 year old son was walking up East Bank Road and was assulted by 2 men ,for nothing he wqs just walking home from work,think i would rather live at the top of east bank,dont like Heeley

my 22 year old son was walking up East Bank Road and was assulted by 2 men ,for nothing he wqs just walking home from work,think i would rather live at the top of east bank,dont like Heeley

that happens everywhere. I lived on heeley and had no problems at all.

I'm a Polish , living here on eastbank Road for 15 years now and the area is lovely. Not far from Eastbank is arbourthorne which has a great primary school and just down the road there is gleadless, which is also really efficient it has a co-op, pharmacy and some stores. The people here are really friendly and I have not had any problems here :) there's also mannor top which has a asda, hairdressers, salons,pet shops,ect. Really great place 🌟 

Edited by Markmark12

I'm 31 years old I have grown up in this area I have never had any problems with anyone very friendly peoples I'm foreigner and never seen any racism and never seen any ciavs lol especially East bank road and no where close by I live in London now but I miss this place a lot

Moved here from Leeds 2 years ago and can’t complain. People are friendly and never had any issues with anti social behaviour or anything like that. Neighbours are friendly and the views if you’re lucky to live on the top of the edge of the hills are beautiful.  I would say move, I’m very happy I did.

regards

On 10/09/2013 at 13:13, peewee84 said:

In a word...No...

If you have the opportunity to live elsewhere I would. Its close to Arbourthorne -lots of chavs and lots of crime, which is also spilling out to Heeley.

Heeley has always had its own problems and council estate and this includes Meersbrook where serious crimes have taken place. Horrible overpriced private housing stock that aspirational middle class like to fuss over.

Back on Topic with East Bank Road! The lower down the better... and where it meets Norfolk Park bottom has improved since renewal of housing.

On 10/09/2013 at 10:47, banksyeh said:

Where viewing a flat on Thursday just wondering whether its a nice area

Much the same as it was eight years ago.

Snobbery on here is incredible, do you mean, 'chavs' or people who may steal from you, cause problems?

not completely interchangeable

Edited by gamezone07

On 26/02/2021 at 18:21, gamezone07 said:

Snobbery on here is incredible, do you mean, 'chavs' or people who may steal from you, cause problems?

not completely interchangeable

No one has mentioned chavs on this thread for eight years until now.