What is the area like in East Bank Road, Sheffield?

Where viewing a flat on Thursday just wondering whether its a nice area

depends where. I lived on the bottom of east bank road, on walden road for 2 years and it was a good road, not the best area but i think the bottom of east bank road is a lot better than the top. The bottom is Heeley whereas the top is Arbourthorne and Arbourthorne has never had a good rep.

In a word...No...

If you have the opportunity to live elsewhere I would. Its close to Arbourthorne -lots of chavs and lots of crime, which is also spilling out to Heeley.

In a word...No...

If you have the opportunity to live elsewhere I would. Its close to Arbourthorne -lots of chavs and lots of crime, which is also spilling out to Heeley.

I saw no crime and the chavs dont cause any probs. If u keep yourself to yourself then theres no problem.

thank you is there many shops around and whats parking like

Just depends where the flat is. East bank rd is a long rd. Its a 5 minute drive from town though.

---------- Post added 10-09-2013 at 15:19 ----------

thank you is there many shops around and whats parking like

Just depends where the flat is. East bank rd is a long rd. Its a 5 minute drive from town though.

Wouldnt agree its full of crime.

As for chavs? have you been anywhere in Sheffield and not seen chavs?

Property prices and rents in that area are not at all bad, when compared to other allegedly "better" areas of Sheffield. The beauty of Sheff is that whatever area you live in, you are never all that far from beautiful open countryside. From Eastbank Road, you can walk, or hop on a bus and within a few minutes, you can be in the city centre. If you go in the other direction, you can be in in lovely green surroundings in next to no time. Even quicker, if you're a driver and own a car! My suggestion would be to visit the area at different times of day - weekdays, weekends, day-time and late at night and just soak up the vibe. Walk around the local streets, pop into a couple of local pubs for a drink and/or eat in a couple of local caffs or restaurants. If you get a good vibe and feel reasonably relaxed in the area, you'll instinctively know whether or not you'd be comfortable living there. If you like the flat, then I'd say "go for it"

parents lived off walden rd for yrs, no major problems, reasonable people around.

Wouldnt agree its full of crime.

As for chavs? have you been anywhere in Sheffield and not seen chavs?

But an awful lot come from round there. They spread out during the day to do a bit of crime.

my girlfriend went down east bank road and she says she can only find flats at the bottom so hopefully i where getting at the bottom