Is this the worst doctors surgery in Sheffield?

LOL sounds like someone is getting a little irrate, go see your doctor!!

Never had any problems with receptionists at any of my GP's be they the three or four I had as as student in Sheffield, or mine in Leeds. They bend over backwards to help and do a great job.

Then again I'm not a whiny pushy obnoxious little twerp which sadly fits the description of a small number of people that the receptionists have to put up with, and who probably post comments about how terrible the receptionists are...

You were one once weren't you. :hihi:

I suppose they do have to put up with a lot.

I was at the doctors recently, waiting for an appointment at 5.45pm. The woman opposite kept complaining loudly to her adult daughter that they had been waiting 25 minutes and telling her to go and ask the receptionist if the doctor was there. The daughter seemed reluctant and kept refusing, then she said it was only actually 5 minutes past the allotted time. Who turns up 20 minutes early for a late afternoon appointment and expects to be seen straightaway? :loopy:

Wouldn't change my Doctors for a £1,00000 receptionists fantastic and can always get an appointment. Not like me previous who I was with for 25 years no appointments phone back at 8.30am what the heck no appointments left tried for 4 weeks and decided it was time for a change registered with other Doctor and got an appointment on same day

---------- Post added 09-09-2013 at 08:25 ----------

Please read the reviews, is this acceptable?

http://www.nhs.uk/Services/GP/ReviewsAndRatings/DefaultView.aspx?id=39250

Hi Gerti thats who I were with at the old surgery

Used to hate the receptionists at our surgery (Duke St) but they've been replaced by real lovely ones. :)

Yes, I'd agree that all the staff at Duke Street medical centre are lovely and helpful. It's almost always possible to get an appointment the same day too!

Thanks for all your kind replies. The surgery at Darnall is an absolute disgrace, thats not just the receptionist either. Its got to the point where some people would sooner just stay ill and not go there at all.

Receptionists at Nethergreen Surgery are very nice. Sorry to hear of bad experiences at Darnall.

You were one once weren't you. :hihi:

Are you still sore about not going to see that handaxe?

It's always about getting past the receptionist why should you have to go into detail about what's wrong with you over the phone to a non medical person

I never do that's the point. I'm sure if you had a nosy receptionist then perhaps peoples annoyance is justified but I've not had that ever in thirty odd years of dealing with them

I have to pre-book my illness months in advance in order to see a GP at Blackbrook Road, Lodge Moor.

I then have to pre-book time off at work in order to free up two hours in order to wait in their waiting room when they finally tell me to come along.

And of course, I need to budget for my illness as after two minutes in the doctor's surgery, I'm issued with a prescription or two and recommended to follow the instructions in the hope that they'll not need to see me again for six years.

I go to Swallownest Health Centre and 99% of the time the receptionists are lovely.

Back to the original point though. These bad reviews have been going on since May. Doesn't say a lot if it has been going on for several months without anyone working on sorting out the problems. I'd understand if it was a few bad reviews over a couple of weeks - after all, everyone has off days - but months? They need to have a word with their staff.