Guest brownd95

Hi All.

Ive built my first ever pc.

motherboard: ga a55m ds2

memmory 2 x 4gb ddr3

apu: a8-3970k

Graphics card: gigabyte hd 6670 crossfired with the onboard hd 6550D

24" hd monitor

My concern is to do with crossfire of the integrated graphics crossfired with the hd 6670 dedicated card.

1) when i do the windows experience index score the best score is achieved when the hd 6670 card is working on its own ( not in crossfire mode which i find strange)

2) Also I have a 24" monitor and the graphics in game play seem not the best blending. it doesnt seem smooth.

Is there a graphics card I can buy ( doesnt matter how much) which I can have running on its own to get the best from this pc ( someone said try 7770????) I have 1 pci card slot.

I dont want to just keep buying new bits all the time but if I can play games in better quality its worth it.

Thanks,

dave

a 7970 or 7950 will be fine... I run one of these and can max out games on my 24" monitors... and I run 2 monitors too...

Guest brownd95

Would you say this is the best for my pc spec as ive spent so much already??

Ive been reading about a term bottlenecking where the graphics card is too good for the pc.

Would these 2 you mentioned be too good for the pc??

Thanks,

I'm not so much into Graphics cards so my advice would be to sign up to the overclockers UK forum and ask in their Graphics section.

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/

The wealth of knowledge on that forum is immense.

Just be careful if you venture into General Discussion. The natives are a little strange.

The natives are a little strange.

In what way? :huh:

In what way? :huh:

Clearly you've not read much of OcUK's GD section. :hihi:

i was under the impression that for crossfire to work effectively, both cards had to be the same model

i was under the impression that for crossfire to work effectively, both cards had to be the same model

Again, I'm not 100% sure but I think you can crossfire 2 different models but the primary has to be the "better" card and only certain models will crossfire. eg a 7970 won't crossfire with say a 4860.

Get an Xbone ;)

Which is just a PC in a different form factor and incapable of many of the features that an actual PC does :P

(btw I do own a console too)

For Crossfire, it's mostly major models.. Such as...

79XX

78XX

69XX

67XX

That are only compatible with the same MAJOR model, but they did drop it down to the sub models for some of them...

however, I believe the 5xxx and 6xxx are compatible with each other..

Hybrid CrossFire, will allow the use of onboard GFX to work with another GFX Card to give a small boost in some scenarios..

Here's a full chart!

http://sites.amd.com/PublishingImages/Public/Graphic_Illustrations/WebBannerJPEG/AMD_CrossfireX_Chart_1618W.jpg

Which is just a PC in a different form factor and incapable of many of the features that an actual PC does :P

(btw I do own a console too)

But its specifically coded for so everything works with the least hassle :)