Nintendo DS / Wireless Router

This place is really my last resort; I've tried everywhere, including the Nintendo forum, but to no avail.

My wireless router is a: Buffalo Wireless Cable/DSL Router WYR-G54

My Nintendo DS (using Mario Kart) can detect the router, and then proceeds to do the connection test which it says it has been successful.

When I then go to play a Wi-Fi match, the game begins to connect, but then I always get an error code; this varies, but it is usually 20100 or 52100.

I've already been through most of Nintendo's Troubleshooting guides, so I have made sure of simply things, like that is is plugged in. :confused:

If anyone can give me some help, I will be very grateful.

Thanks.

(orginally posted here)

Off the top of my head..

Is the router linked to a pc in someway?

Basically what you could do then if it is- log into the router using your PC.

You then need to find an option in your wireless settings thats something like allowed hardware or attached device.

My guess is that when your DS tries to connect with the router its either

a) being blocked because the security on your router is seeing it and blocking it

b) the wireless security settings on your DS need to be configured to see your

router.

I have a Netgear D834G and I had to play about with the settings to see my laptop's and my desktop's wifi adaptor.

Let me know what you find and I'll see if I can help you.

If I cant= I'm sure someone on here will sort it for you!

I think the routers firmware needs to be altered in some way. Im sure I read about it somewhere, but cant off the top of my head remember where...if I find it, ill post it here. The Nintendo wireless dongle is just a modified buffalo wireless access point, so it should work with a bit of fiddling.

My guess is that when your DS tries to connect with the router its either

a) being blocked because the security on your router is seeing it and blocking it, b) the wireless security settings on your DS need to be configured to see yourrouter.

I've set my router to allow all incoming clients, and entered my WEP key into my DS; what other security settings there are, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's neither of these.

Let me know what you find and I'll see if I can help you.

If I cant= I'm sure someone on here will sort it for you!

Thanks for your help.

I tend to agree with angelus here, try putting your DS into a DMZ and try it again.

I tend to agree with angelus here, try putting your DS into a DMZ and try it again.

Umm...a little help with this, please? :P I'm not an expert at networking...

Thanks for your help, anyway.

/EDIT: I figured out how to set a DMZ up, but this doesn't seem to have helped much; I'm still getting the same error message. The DS connects to the router, but then can't connect to Nintendo's servers (I think...).

Any help would be very much appreciated!

Try to briefly take security off and try it again.

Try to briefly take security off and try it again.

You mean, like, WEP? Yeah, I tried that again when it wouldn't work; no different.