Ban the `C` Word till 1st December

When Should Christmas Start and Shops sell Christmas Things?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. When Should Christmas Start and Shops sell Christmas Things?

• 1st September
    • 1st October
    • 1st November
    • 1st December
    • 24th December and Finish 26th December

That match is the only cricket match a lot of people go to all year. It's not unreasonable that they might want to buy cricket presents there.

Because in July everyone is thinking about Christmas and at Christmas everyone is thinking about county cricket.

I have done all my xmas shopping by November unless I'm buying fresh food of some sort. All my cads and presents are wrapped and handed out by 1st December.

October to December is peak season in the waste industry so I'm too busy to be xmas shopping. I also have to post cards early to places like Australia. They normally only take a week but need to be posted earlier at xmas.

I started making my Christmas cards in July but I haven't finished them all yet.

A colleague of mine has bought all her Christmas presents AND WRAPPED THEM UP! How sad is that?

Greedy shops tryin to cash in, shareholders to answer to!

Well to be fair...that's how retail works

Wouldn't say retailers are being greedy more like customer demand! I remember a time when mince pies were onky available towards Christmas and the number of people that complained throughout the year was unbelievable so there is demand and the shops are catering for this!

---------- Post added 07-09-2013 at 13:35 ----------

Also maybe people want to do their shopping experience early because we don't a have 9-5 Monday to Friday office jobs, some of us work in retail and for us folk people go manic at this time of year. Always better to be prepared than not to be prepared!

A colleague of mine has bought all her Christmas presents AND WRAPPED THEM UP! How sad is that?

You call it sad, I call it organised and Christmas should start ramping up just after bonfire night.

That match is the only cricket match a lot of people go to all year. It's not unreasonable that they might want to buy cricket presents there.

You could freeze them.

Very funny, would that stop them being 2 months out of date when yu want to eat them?:hihi::hihi:

Very funny, would that stop them being 2 months out of date when yu want to eat them?:hihi::hihi:

Er, yes! .........

I think ban Christmas ? items until the first of December, except if you have stuff to send to Australia or America.

Tell that to Francie (pants) she;s already passed the 50 presents mark:D

I picked 1st November!!!!!!! (Christmas has really gotton out of hand (ESPECIALLY IN THE USA where its all about $$$$$$))

Edited by Dude111

Did you really just reply to a thread over a year old. Have you nothing better to do?