Any info on laurel and limes care home or tapton court care home?

Hi my grandfather suffered a stroke a couple of months ago and whilst we thought he would be able to go home after some rehabilitation it's looking like we may now have to face the prospect of putting into a residential care home short term so his needs can be met.

Has anyone had any dealings either positive or negative with either

Laurel and limes care home or

Tapton court care home

Many thanks for your help

I have no info on either of these care homes, but I do hope you find one that fits the bill, and gives him the care he needs. I bet he has a story or two to tell! Good luck!

My grandad went to tap ton court. I'm too tired ATM to go in to detail, but I would certainly NOT reccomend it, the care was atrocious, pm me if you want me to go into detail, when I'm not dropping to sleep, and can type on computer rather than phone!

My mother was in Tapton Court for 20 months (she died in April this year). All I can say is the staff/facilities were as good as you'll get in care homes. It's a near-impossible task in very trying circumstances, so I'd recommend.

Seem to remember Laurel & Limes had a scandal about 5 years ago?

dont have any info on these two homes, but have you thought of Cairn Residential home in Crosspool? Spotlessly clean, excellent staff giving top quality care and the food is excellent.

dont have any info on these two homes, but have you thought of Cairn Residential home in Crosspool? Spotlessly clean, excellent staff giving top quality care and the food is excellent.

I think Cairn is only for blind people.

Cairn home used to be for the elderly blind only but now it a residential home for the elderly, so long as they don't require nursing care.:|

My mother was in the Laurel and Limes when it had a previous name.

I got her out so fast, I moved her to Fulwood Lodge which I felt a bit happier with.

Cairn home used to be for the elderly blind only but now it a residential home for the elderly, so long as they don't require nursing care.:|

It's worth considering the cost though, I can't remember the exactly weekly cost in Cairn but it is significantly over the council's funding level for. So if you are looking for care home for your grandafther to be funded via the local authority bare in mind if you choose Cairn or others aboce the local authority funding lvel you would have a hefty top up to pay each week.

If your grandfather/family have personal finance to pay for this long term then cost may not be a concern.

To add does your grandfather want to go into residential care?